David Bowie

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
he also has his own video game too. it came out a few years ago for the puter.
it's called 'Omikron the nomad soul'.

i'm pretty sure that really weird movie i saw him in is called 'absolute begginers', he did that one around the same time as Labyrinth. it's a doozy!

hee hee...you can have a Bowie film fest...gather the movies "The Hunger", The Linguini Incident" and "Mr. Rice's Secret"...they all star david bowie and share a common theme.

i saw the first 5 minutes of the film 'B.U.S.T.E.D'...not my cup of tea in movies. blah.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
If you really want to check out the unbelievable range of music this man is capable of, get these two albums:

"The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" (1972)
"EA RT H LI NG" (1997)

These don't even sound like the same person!! But he pulls them both off as pure masterpieces. He, of course, has plenty of other great work, but I find that these two albums hold together quite nicely as, um, well, albums!

Hopefully this will spring some more discussion about this brilliant man's music, for those uninitiated.

eric

nikki_sxx

Reaction score
im going to c david bowie this summer a T in the park in scotland cant wait. :attitude:

leliebel

Reaction score
Oh, I just love Ziggy, and the video's he did with floria sigismondi (or something similar)

My favourite laby song is within you

The best of bowie dvd is really nice

And to add to the lsit of movies:

- The man who fell to earth (about an alien, during ziggy's era, I haven't seen it yet but I'm dieing to)
- Merry Christmas Mister Lawrence (a war movie set in Japan, spoke partially in Japanese, it's really good. My favourite part is that Bowie's charater says several times that he can't sing :big_grin:)

Party_Animal

Reaction score
My favorite song of his would have to be 'New Killer Star' on his new CD, or 'Slow Burn' on 'Heathen'. It's soo hard to choose.
My favorite Labyrinth songs are 'Underground' and 'Dance Magic'.

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Party_Animal said:
Anyone have a favorite song from Labyrinth or one of his other CD's?
My favorite Labyrinth song is without a doubt the opening titles. It was the first Bowie song I'd ever heard (watching Labyrinth when I was 7 or 8), and I thought it was the coolest thing ever! :stick_out_tongue: Aside from that I really like his collaborations with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Kind of a pop rock 80's sounding thing...ever heard the songs on the Labyrinth soundtrack? That kind of music.
Fozzie, I love ya but you're waaaaay off.

I'm a lifelong Bowie fan(atic). His period in the '80's was not the best. The '70's and current music is the best he put out. Acctually most of his music in the 80's was pretty bad. lumping him in with '80's pop isn't fair for some one who started putting out music in the '60's, and released the best album of last year. It's called REALITY, go out and buy it now! I mean it!
Check out thses cd's too:
Heathen,
Space Oddity,
Ziggy Stardust,
Young Americans,
and Let's Dance.
These one's are probably the best examples of the many sounds and generes of Bowie's music

scarecroe

Reaction score
leliebel said:
The best of bowie dvd is really nice
Could you by any chance tell me which of the two discs in that set has the Henson related material? There are two Henson related videos, aren't there?

Whatever

Reaction score
I love the music in Labyrinth. I haven't heard any of his other music, but I would definately be interested in it.