Dead Men Tell No Tales

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Do Ye know of Davy Jones?

Ye know of…Davy Jones, yes? A man of da sea. A great sailor, until, he ran afoul of that which vex all men…

A womon. He fell in love.

Same story, different versions. And all are true. See, it was a womon as changin’ and harsh and untamable as de sea. Him never stopped loving her. But de pain it caused him was too much to live with, but not enough to cause him to die.

Ten years he had ferried de souls of de sea aboard The Flying Dutchman,
as a deal to de Goddess of him heart.

Dhey’d foreva more bee lovers.

De Goddess never kept her part of de deal.
Her qualities were much like de sea—unpredictable.
But would he have loved her? If she were any different, I wonder?

To feel de pain no more, he tore out his heart.
In de seaweed-covered trunk, his heart throbbed for de woman who had betrayed him so.

Devoured by agony he was…and as an act of cruelty…

He bound her to human form with de help of de Brethren Court.
Detached from all she loved….from de sea….

And him.

They met again once more.

They renewed their vows.

The ties were made.

He couldn’t make it.

---

Notes
Brethern Court (Provided by POTC wiki):
The Brethren Court was led by the Pirate King, chosen by popular vote by the nine Pirate Lords, each lord hailing from a different region spread across the Four Corners of the Earth. This system of election was known to be flawed, as the pirates would commonly vote for themselves, making a decision difficult. The title was non-gender specific, though Elizabeth Swann was believed to be the first female Pirate King.
Pirate Lords were required to each carry a piece of eight, signifying their status as a member of the Brethren Court. It was initially suggested that the Pirate Lords carry actual silver coins, though the pirates, finding themselves short on money, opted for holding various items and trinkets that would be instantly recognisable and linked to the individual Lord.

Meetings of the Brethren Court were convened by means of a "call" intended to draw all nine Lords to a single location. This call took the form of a sea shanty, Hoist the Colours, known to all pirates.

Notes II

For those who have kept track of One Thing Led To Another.
It has been stopped. I have renewed its plot to this chill-to-the-bone tale. :big_grin:

Yes, POTC/Muppets crossover. <3
This is a chapter dedicated to those who have not seen the movie or know the story of Davy/Calypso.​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Huggles Squeeky for the new story trying to make better sense, or dollars, out of the POTC/Muppets crossover she wanted. Is this being narrated by Rizzo? I find it charming and quite funny to follow along his speech. Happen to have something in mind for Davy and his tentacled temptress... You'll just have to wait to find out if I get that far with my haunters.
Yes I know... Tease to keep you on your toes... Now post more please!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Actually, that was Tia Dalma/ Calypso. :smile:
It's Davy who's the tentacle dude. <3

Descriptions:

DAVY JONES:
Like the rest of his crew, Davy Jones had, over the course of time spent aboard the Flying Dutchman, taken on the appearance of various aquatic flora and fauna, to the point where he seemed to have lost all humanity. Before he lost his humanity, his appearance was not unlike that of many other sailors.[2] His face was rough and his beard was beaded into several strands.[1]
In his new form, Jones' head resembled a cephalopod, with a "beard" of forty-six tentacles[10] hanging from his mottled, green-skinned face. He would often use these tentacles in place of his upper limbs, such as to hold the key to the Dead Man's Chest or play his pipe organ.[1] During his duel with Jack Sparrow, he lost one of his two larger tentacles.[2] A prominent sac also bulged from the back of Jones' head, which was nestled underneath a barnacle-encrusted hat. A siphon was located on the left side of his face, making up for his lack of a human nose. He had a crustacean-style claw for his left arm, and a long tentacle-like index finger on his right hand. His right leg resembled that of a crab, which in turn resembled a peg leg, which gave Jones an awkward gait.[1] His blood was black rather than red.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I love it already Claudia! I have some pictures you may be interested in from my Disney Cruise, I'll PM you them shortly. :wink:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Bring Me To Life

[THANKS SO MUCH, PRAWNIEEEE! :3 *GLOMP*]

He felt a horrible and foreboding pain in his chest as The Flying Dutchman resisted the brutal storm. He turned wearily to witness his heart being sliced open by a dying Will Turner with the help of a worried Jack Sparrow. Davy Jones became dizzy with faint and gazed up into the angered sky, calling out to Calypso in a gasping whisper, and finally he fell into the darkness of the maelstrom to his death.

His bulky body plunged violently into the dark abyss; the deeper he fell, the softer the blow. Finally did he hit the very bottom of his watery grave.

In a matter of seconds a pale-blue hand rested on the monster’s chest; a hint of sympathy made itself known to a certain servant of death. He lifted the man’s head for a better look. Davy’s grotesque complexion returned to a humanly shape-tone; his tentacles; forming back into what was originally his silvery beard.

Deadly bowed his head quietly, “Perhaps you’ve had a curse much greater than your crew’s own.” He said gently, caressing his long white hair almost sadly. He was reminded of his own dreams. A bitter end to his own vision—so close to achieving his heart’s desire—a story much like this poor fool.

He looked up, seeing the royal navy’s boat falling victim to a violent explosion. Being a live corpse had its advantages—air wasn’t necessary.

His attention reverted to his lost friend. “Your crew had to serve you for an eternity in order to keep their undeserving lives, while you continued to loyally ferry the souls of the dead.” He said. “From Calypso’s unforgivable betrayal, did you grow bitter, and turn into something that you were not. Did you love her so much, that you’d rip out your heart to feel no more?”

He stood up slowly. “What is done, is done, my fiend.” He whispered.
Just as he was about to perform a sacred ritual, his figure was crushed by a sudden disturbance in the ocean’s depths. It was a wonder how he did not scream as he collided violently against a sharp rock. He slid down to the sand slowly---rotting crimson blood meshing beautifully with the darkness.

Deadly rose to full height at the sound of plucking, the plucking of a music box, it seemed.

She kept with her a locket that matched the one carried by Davy Jones, and there it played a mournful tune that hinted their lost love. She kept it open for him to hear.

The womanly figure emerged mysteriously from the underwater cave that loomed behind her. The ebony skinned woman frowned a tight frown; her thick black dreadlocks imitated the movements those of a withering serpent; eyes of deep coal penetrated the injured dragon’s soul effortlessly.

Her expression was hard and unchanging even after seeing her lover’s state. “You won’t take him unless I say so.” She warned. “You are in my territory now.” She said, taking a swing at him.

An array of box jellyfish surrounded the injured muppet.

He stuck out a hand swiftly, an unseen force striking them.
They retreated to the shadows in which they came.

“That is true.” He said, disregarding her threats. “It was wrongful of me—but do you wish for him to truly be happy?”

“Yes. He will bee happy with me.” Calypso said, turning around swiftly.

She hid a mischievous smile as she lightly petted her locket. “De end is just de beginning, Deadly.” She said before stalking towards Davy to place a slender hand on his chest. “Him heart….”

Deadly noted something that wasn’t there before—a beating heart.

The humanized Davy had changed back into his fearful form.
Life surging through his very being--just with her touch.
Eyes of blue snapped open, a Scottish voice gurgled…

Ye’ve got a debt to pay...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
OH SNAP! Uncle Deadly! WOW Claudia! Only one Muppet has been introduced but this is already absolutely fantastically AWESOME! All of the characters are GREAT! Calypso/Tia Dalma's voicing is spot on! I love it! I need more! :excited:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
:0 Oh my GOSH!
OH MY GOSH!
Th-th-thank you, Prawnie!
*HUGS HIM TIGHTLY*

THANKS FOR THE IMAGES!
Is that really the ship?
OH GOODNESS!
It's BEAUTIFUL!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Glomps Squeeky. Box of cookies for ye lass! Love it all, especially Deadly's appearance.

And the descriptions... And who said that his love interest in the castle's cast would be Tia Dalma? *Sly sinister smile as I have something planned... Wouldn't you like to know what?
*Eerie laughter can be heard as Squeekums is left in total mystery.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
:O Not the mysteriousness!
Oh nooo...;-; tell me? Tell me...

TEEELLLLL!

-falls to her knees-

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Let's just say I'll be putting my own monstery Muppety spin on a couple of Disney animated aquarian villains from under da sea and setting them forth as one of the many castled couples.
*Still smirking sinisterly as Beakie puts the pieces together.