Dealing with depression and anxiety

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm sorry that all this has happened to you. The DMV is a stressful place; I don't have my license yet, but I've been there enough to know it's not a fun place to be. Don't feel bad about not having your license yet; I'm sure you are a good enough driver to pass the on-road test and now that you know how many questions you are going to get, you'll be better prepared for the next time. I hope you get the quiet time to yourself to feel better soon. Good luck.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I hope things eased up a bit, just have faith that you have been doing a good job and you know what to do in these situations. :smile:
Hey you got us your MC family we'll be here for you to offer as much support for you as we can. That's why I prefer animals over people their much more loving, and definitely listen better then people.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My anxiety had been fine for a while, but, since Friday my anxiety has been really high and well, its because on Friday I went to take my written drivers test and failed for the second time and I didn't fail because I didn't know the material, I failed because I was given 10 minutes to do 50 questions and time ran out, plus the lady who directed me to the computer never told me to put on the headphones there which read the questions to you! I cried for the longest time on Friday and pretended to be better a few hours later and have pretended to feel fine since then when I don't feel fine at all. I feel inferior because my best friend drives and so do many other of my friends and the ones who don't drive have recently gotten their permits. I feel stupid and slow. Also, I didn't like how rude the DMV ladies were! I'm very big on lets forget it and move on, but, I can't forget this, I feel sorry for myself and am wollowing in self-pty because I never had my chance to when this 'wound' per say was fresh. I just want to cry and let it out some more, but when I start everyone who sees me tells me not to cry, well, I NEED TO! I'd also like to scream, but I can't do that for several reasons, the main one being that I don't want nodes on my vocal chords (I have done my share of screaming over the years, trust me)

Omg I call the DMV **** on earth! I hate that place!! I still have yet to go and get my maiden name changed to my married name and get my address changed but I haven't done it why?? Because like you said it's nothing but ignorant people up there who treat you like your stupid!

I'm sorry you didn't get your license if it makes you feel any better when I took my written I failed seven times before I finally past to get my learners. So I know how it feels. But I eventually got it. But getting my drivers license was even worse I failed the test and sprained my ankle all on the same day. And yes I sprained my ankle at the DMV. I swear I wanted to just press the rewind button so I could get out of bed on the right side! It was a horrible day!!! And the girl who I took my driving test with was such a witch I'd say other words but since this is a family forum I'll keep it rated "G."

It'll be okay as they say "this too shall pass." You'll get your license hang in there!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I'm sorry that all this has happened to you. The DMV is a stressful place; I don't have my license yet, but I've been there enough to know it's not a fun place to be. Don't feel bad about not having your license yet; I'm sure you are a good enough driver to pass the on-road test and now that you know how many questions you are going to get, you'll be better prepared for the next time. I hope you get the quiet time to yourself to feel better soon. Good luck.
Thanks Chris, I finally did get my quiet time and it was just what I needed, and its the learners permit test I need to pass, but yeah, Friday I'm going again and I'm going to try again! Thanks <3

Omg I call the DMV **** on earth! I hate that place!! I still have yet to go and get my maiden name changed to my married name and get my address changed but I haven't done it why?? Because like you said it's nothing but ignorant people up there who treat you like your stupid!

I'm sorry you didn't get your license if it makes you feel any better when I took my written I failed seven times before I finally past to get my learners. So I know how it feels. But I eventually got it. But getting my drivers license was even worse I failed the test and sprained my ankle all on the same day. And yes I sprained my ankle at the DMV. I swear I wanted to just press the rewind button so I could get out of bed on the right side! It was a horrible day!!! And the girl who I took my driving test with was such a witch I'd say other words but since this is a family forum I'll keep it rated "G."

It'll be okay as they say "this too shall pass." You'll get your license hang in there!
Its my permit I didn't get, I don't have the license either way :/ I hate the DMV and always will D< I left the place in tears, the lady who told me I couldn't take it again the same day all but SCREAMED at me! Thank you for the support <3

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh DQM I'm sorry about all that. Is there a way to let the DMV people know about the circumstances behind the test? Not the woman you talked to but maybe call management?
As for crying, don't let anyone tell you it's not okay to cry.*hugs*
I hope you feel better and that you're able to get things worked out with your dad.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
DQM, hope you can face the retest calmly. Like Charlie said, now you know basically what's on it (though they may give you an altered version of it, so don't expect it to be exactly the same test -- though it might be) you should be able to attack it more effectively. Yeah, the 10 min time limit seems harsh. Your state won't let you take it online? And yes...register a complaint...although DMV in every state is notorious for being rude and inefficient. I think they deliberately hire the worst possible people for what is blithely termed civil service!

Sorry your dad is moving your stuff...but it sounds like, with the open door, he's really just worried about you. Take a breath, get :halo: in con-trolllll, and try again. You can do this. Hey, I waited for even my learner's permit until I was 18 because I was intimidated by driving, even though all my friends already had licenses and some had their own cars! Just take your time and don't feel dumb.
------------

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Oh DQM I'm sorry about all that. Is there a way to let the DMV people know about the circumstances behind the test? Not the woman you talked to but maybe call management?
As for crying, don't let anyone tell you it's not okay to cry.*hugs*
I hope you feel better and that you're able to get things worked out with your dad.
Thanks <3 And no, I can't complain and even if I could, nothing would get done, especially in my state.

------------
DQM, hope you can face the retest calmly. Like Charlie said, now you know basically what's on it (though they may give you an altered version of it, so don't expect it to be exactly the same test -- though it might be) you should be able to attack it more effectively. Yeah, the 10 min time limit seems harsh. Your state won't let you take it online? And yes...register a complaint...although DMV in every state is notorious for being rude and inefficient. I think they deliberately hire the worst possible people for what is blithely termed civil service!

Sorry your dad is moving your stuff...but it sounds like, with the open door, he's really just worried about you. Take a breath, get :halo: in con-trolllll, and try again. You can do this. Hey, I waited for even my learner's permit until I was 18 because I was intimidated by driving, even though all my friends already had licenses and some had their own cars! Just take your time and don't feel dumb.
------------
Nope, my state is very anti-online driving test. Even if we do register a complaint, nothing would happen, trust me, when my Aunt was trying to get her license and all, she was screamed at until she cried for running over a cone when she was already told she had failed her road test! And I mean, I always joke I would be rude to unfriendly customers in a work situation thus losing a job, but, wow! Never had I seen DMV lady rudeness! Even with the lady who yelled at me, I was polite the whole time and asked a simple question in a respectable young-adult manner when my generation can barely form sentences anymore!

Thanks <3 You're right! I shouldn't feel dumb :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
After a couple of months of being off of Celexa, I was doing pretty well, but I find myself feeling like a cartoon character moping under a black cloud with insanely local rainfall.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh dear. I'm sorry about that. Do you think it's a side effect of being off the medicine? (you said you were doing well for a while there) Or just something else?

I hope you feel better though.