Dealing with depression and anxiety

RedPiggy

Reaction score
You're going through what I went through in 1990 when my parents divorced. My father continues to be a violent manipulative man, but nowadays he doesn't bother us anymore. People (people? more like narcisstic, soulless, monsters -- I'd call him a spawn of Satan but that would be insulting Satan) like him must be in control of everything. Focus all your energy on learning self-defense and having a stronger will than he could ever imagine. Never threaten him in a way that would get you into legal trouble but make sure that when you accomplish your goals of becoming a stronger person, you let him become aware that bothering you again wouldn't be the best of plans. You may not be able to block his phones or whatever, but as you get older and more independent, block everything from him and change your numbers and passwords. I will be glad to help you in any way I can within my power. Abused sisters like us need to stick together. :smile:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
------------
D--n. Well, I'm glad you're at least out of the stressor environment. Try to settle in to your new life and new therapist and make the most of it. I'm very sorry your dad couldn't manage to blend his old family and new one and tried to force you to accept a situation you were unhappy with. Hope things smooth out for you, and again, glad you're safe.

Wishing you lots of garlic, vit C, and dark chocolate. :news:
---------------
I'm so sorry you have deal with all that, I don't blame you for being nervous or scared. Hopefully now that you're living in a more comfortable environment and have a better therapist things can calm down for you and you can start feeling stable again. I wish you the best.
I also echo what everyone else said. I am sorry your going through this. I wish you the best of luck and hope things turn out okay for you.
I wish you luck as well. It's frustrating when parents get so selfish. Hang in there. : )
Thank you everyone! It means a lot :smile: I really appreciate the support <333

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
You're going through what I went through in 1990 when my parents divorced. My father continues to be a violent manipulative man, but nowadays he doesn't bother us anymore. People (people? more like narcisstic, soulless, monsters -- I'd call him a spawn of Satan but that would be insulting Satan) like him must be in control of everything. Focus all your energy on learning self-defense and having a stronger will than he could ever imagine. Never threaten him in a way that would get you into legal trouble but make sure that when you accomplish your goals of becoming a stronger person, you let him become aware that bothering you again wouldn't be the best of plans. You may not be able to block his phones or whatever, but as you get older and more independent, block everything from him and change your numbers and passwords. I will be glad to help you in any way I can within my power. Abused sisters like us need to stick together. :smile:
Thank you, I have learned self-defense (brown belt, I had to stop due to a VERY bad knee injury) I blocked my father on all my social networking sites but I am required to keep my e-mail unblocked as orders from the judge, as means of communication. He doesn't have my new phone number either and I have refused to give it to him.

At this point, I'm really feeling like I don't care what he does anymore, I am going to stay with my mom no matter what!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Ever have one of those days where you just don't have any self confidense? I'm having one right now.
At least once a week. I'm sorry you're feeling that way Mo. Charlie kinda said it best. Doing something you can do well really can help, even if you only do it for a little while.
Hope you feel better about it. I don't know much about you but I know you're talented at something. Be confident in that, whatever it is.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Ever have one of those days where you just don't have any self confidence? I'm having one right now.
That's one thing I have struggled with most of my life. It's really true what they say "We are our worst critics." I always feel like I'm not good enough or paranoid people hate me. Even on here sometimes I feel like I'm not liked or something. Or if I feel like I'm finally good at something then I find someone else is always better then me or at least that's how I make myself feel. I hate it and am trying to do better with it but it's a struggle for me.

I find what helps is is to list all the things I am good at and it kind of helps outweigh the bad.