Dealing with depression and anxiety

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
---------------

*ignoring disgruntled rat* Pinky, share or don't share as you like. Everyone here is nice, though. :news:
--------------
Oh yes person who said "Congrats to me and Vincent" and then it started an unfounded rumor. :stick_out_tongue: But all kidding aside thank you I appericate it. :smile:

jgidley

Reaction score
---------------
Always loved science, but I had some kick-butt teachers in high school who really made it fun to learn. Biology, chemistry, physics all great stuff...and yes, you may actually need it in your post-academic life. At the very least, it's good to have a well-rounded concept of what makes things work! But I sympathize with you in what sounds like an uberboring class. Just remember: a good teacher can make ANY subject fun to learn. Hope you run across them sometime. Wishing you much luck on your test, jgidley! Remember, don't sweat it too much...10 yrs from now, nobody is going to give a Rizzo's butt about it!
Hey thanks a lot Newsman! That makes me feel a lot better:news:

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Just to warn you all, I'm pretty sure I won't be on for the majority of tomorrow. I have a major Science test on Friday which I am absolutely not prepared for at all; my teacher's on maternity leave and we have the most boring sub of all eternity(luckily, my entire class as well as everyone in every other class is pretty screwed for the test as well). I hate Science so much(apologies to :confused:and:eek:) and I wish it would be terminated from the high school curriculum. Wish me luck, cause I'm gonna need it.
Good luck! :big_grin: I'm sure you'll do fabulously. :cool: Science can be boring, I'll give you that, but if you really just bare down and memorize some stuff it can be quite easy! :big_grin: Again, good luck! (to you and the A's...hehehheh! :stick_out_tongue:)

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I just wrote a poem about somebody struggling with depression and anxiety and suicidal thoughts. It's not very good but I felt like it needed to be written. I don't know if any of you read about a girl named Amanda Todd but if you can, find it and watch her video. It's a sad story and it recently ended with her ending her life. My heart breaks tonight for the people who feel like they have no one and are considering ending their life. The pain they go through is unimaginable. For all the members here, dealing with this, know that I'm praying for you and I love you all.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your support and love. It's sad when bullying has such an effect on people's lives. More people need to speak out against this and make sure that everyone has the support that they need so that no one ends up taking their own life.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Double posting here, but my nerves were totally frayed this afternoon. My parents wanted to take my sister to look at a couple of local college campuses (she's a senior in high school), but everything went to pot. Both my parents refused to look up where one of them was located and got into a heated argument that I had to stop it by screaming at them. Then my dad kept trying to leave the house instead of talking out his problems, my mom asked me and my sister if we wanted our dad to move out, instead of trying to solve the problem, and my sister refused to go visit the colleges with my father. I had to convince my mother to go get my father from outside so all of us could talk things over and finally go out to visit the colleges.

I feel like that I sometimes have to do the emotional heavy lifting in my family because everyone else is just beyond incapable or unwilling.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh boy...I don't have siblings so I can't relate on that note but I understand the yelling before trying to talk things out. My dad can be like that sometimes. :/ Hope things get better for you Charlie.

Again I just wanna say I admire you all for being able to talk about your fears, depression, sadness or whatever hard times in life your facing. I only wish I had the courage too as well...I think my main fear of sharing on here is being judged and having people see me differently. *shrugs*

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Bleh. Sorry you have to be the responsible one in your family, Charlie. Like you NEEDED extra stress, right? :rolleyes:

"I need the extra shouting like I need two less arms, hokay?"

Too bad your folks won't go to counseling. Sounds like they both need to grow up.
---------------