1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

No, when you're driving, your focus is on the road, not being entertainment for others.
    I've had to drive a few bandmates home when they were too drunk or stoned to get behind the wheel. My job is to get them home in one piece. If they still need entertainment, I could drop them off on the side of the road and let them entertain themselves.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  2. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Very true. What I like to tell my passengers is, "I have the power to end your life. You have the power to make it more likely."

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I've actually driven stoned and it isn't a pleasent experience, for sure. Makes me more paranoid and extra cautious when driving.

Like, if it's one thing just to go from one place to another, mainly to pick up some food cause, you know.... Munchies. But I've actually done hour trips high and it certainly can make you paranoid.

4. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

[​IMG]

6. LittleJerry92

Well, tomorrow I see my therapist for the first time.... And of course, because of my current issues, I'm very paranoid about what's going to happen. :rolleyes: stupid anxiety.

Then again, I guess that's to be expected when you're pretty much new to therapy.....

7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Good luck.

8. LittleJerry92

So.... After seeing my therapist yesterday, it definitely made me think of alot of stuff.

I'm going to start using a dump thought journal (which right now I have been doing) and most likely start taking yoga and tai chi classes..... Which I honestly hope aren't too expensive.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yoga sucks man, don't bother with it. Unless you're incredibly, incredibly flexible and a contortionist, you're just going to be miserable and uncomfortable the entire time.

10. LittleJerry92

I'm willing to give it a try. I tried a class for free when I was setting up paperwork for my (what would have been) final project for bachelor's (a guided meditation video) before my client (her name is Stephanie by the way) sadly decided to cancel the project during what would have been my final quarter (happens). I was really stressed out at the time, and it definitely helped.

11. LittleJerry92

Pretty much after being cooped up in this house for at least 13 weeks, I decided to drive over to an old playground near my library and sit under a tree. It helps a bit

12. LittleJerry92

Well, I can thankfully say this.

For the most part, I've managed to get over my mood swings after dealing with college stress as of this month. They only lasted for about 3 months but I'm glad they're over. Honestly, right now the only thing that's been stressing me out is still trying to find a job in my field. Digital Media is SUCH a tough field to get into that it's not even funny. Granted, I can still convince myself I did learn a lot about film, radio.... *Trigger voice* Audio *eye twitch*, but still, it's also annoying knowing it feels like you blew off so much money and aged 10x faster trying to get a job just to find out it's so difficult to find one in your field.

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  13. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I feel this on a spiritual level, that is exactly what college does to you.

You're not alone in what seems to be a never-ending cycle of being tired 24/7 all while worrying at the speed of light on top of it.