1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Driving is just something that comes as a part of life whether we like it or not.

I've been in accidents before, and the best thing is you learn from them.

For instance, when I do long trips, I like to get up as early as possible so I can avoid annoying afternoon traffic. Last summer I lost a car that I only had for 2 weeks because of annoying traffic that was most likely heading to Hampton Beach in NH.

muppetgem and Mo Frackle like this.
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I used to enjoy driving. A nice way to unwind. Not so much these days. For instance, I have to check in on my grandmother pretty much every day. She lives in a nice, quiet neighborhood, but the area surrounding it is always littered with people who think they're on the interstate. Sorry that 25 over what the speed limit sign says is still too slow for you people behind me.

Driving out of my own neighborhood about a week ago, I had to deal with an impatient driver who tried to get around me. It's funny, even when backing out of my driveway, I had a feeling that this driver was going to be trouble. Evidently, driving so much has helped me develop a sixth sense. Anyway, I kept both lanes blocked to keep that from happening (there was nobody headed towards me, of course). And shocker of all shockers, the other driver was too busy smoking a cigarette to keep both hands on the wheel.

3. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

Someone needs to take you to a vacant parking lot or something so you can cruise around and get comfortable before just going straight to the road.

muppetgem likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

That’s what my mom did at first.

5. LittleJerry92

I also reccomend using a car you feel most comfortable driving.

I used to drive small cars, until I was forced to drive my subaru outback after the unforunate car accident. I eventually got used to the handling and controls.

6. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

For a lot of places in this country, driving is a necessary evil. There are crazy people on the road, accidents happen every day, traffic jams, road rage, speeders, yeah, it's all there.

But it's not just about learning to drive, it's about overcoming your fear of driving.

The worst two words in the English language are "I can't". You posted somewhere else " My mom said cook your own food and I can't cook!"

Can you make a sandwich?
    Can you take two pieces of bread and find something to put between them?
    If you can do that much, you're halfway there.

Driving, learning to cook, things like that are basic skills that will serve you for the rest of your life. And wanting to master these skills will help you grow.

Skills will serve you well. Excuses will not.

LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I can make a sandwich, yes.

8. LittleJerry92

Once again, I'm taking another Facebook break due to real life stress.

At this point I'm only going to log back in when my birthday comes this month, as well as when it's Christmas and New Year's. Social media just makes me moodier when I have stuff on my mind.

9. LittleJerry92

Honestly....

I've been feeling very down today, and that's not a place where I want to be at.

I honestly just kind of blame it on where my position is in right now....

10. LittleJerry92

So lately I've just been having thoughts on quitting my job at mobile cuts because I feel like it's just not going anywhere with this three year anniversary project.... But another part of me is saying not to because then I'm just screwing them over.

It's definitely put a lot of stress and anxiety on my body and I absolutely hate it. There are days I wish I could just take a medicine to put me out for one day and not face reality.

11. fuzzygobo

You don't want to burn your bridges, or do anything to them out of spite. You have every right to look for something else, but don't leave on bad graces if you can help it.

12. LittleJerry92

To be honest.

Lately I've been feeling like I just want to be passed out on the floor drunk. :smirk:

13. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Being passed out on the floor drunk is one step away from being sprawled out on the floor, dead by alcohol poisoning.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  14. fuzzygobo

Next thing you know you're spread-eagled on the rug in the Land of Blotto.