1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Debate: Is Gonzo an Alien?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Drtooth, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Okay, I hate to answer a post with another post.. (choke..cough..maynard hack..), but this is driving me crazy.

Who here thinks that Gonzo is an alien? And who among you think that that was a cheap answer, forcing them to believe he's still a whatever? And who here thinks that, because he started out as a Frackle, he is in actuality, a Frackle?

Personally, I admit, I accept him as an alien. Firstly, I always suspected it. Secondly, I havbe heard of people who thought Gonzo was an Alien long before MFS, even long before MCC. I read a letter in a Muppet Babies comic book, and one of the readers felt that he was an alien.

2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I keep hoping that the new Xmas movie will open up with Gonzo waking from a dream in which he had "discovered that I was truly an alien from another planet! It was weird... even by *my* standards!"

3. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

I'm accepting of the fact Gonzo is an alien...it doesn't resolve the "What is Gonzo" enigma as well as some people think.

4. Drtooth

Yeah! I pretty much think that it was a quick fix. However, I felt that the song "I'm going to go back there someday" was a clue, if anything that he came from some unknown origin. And since X-Files was so hot, it seemed only the most popular solution.

But I still bel;eive he's an alien.

In case you want to know, my list of what he'd be from best to worst would be: Alien, Frackle, Whatever, and Turkey.

Of course, these are only some of the theories on this board.

I can remember a Muppet Babies book in which Gonzo was questioning what he was as well. They went on this long and strange journey to find out he was... Gonzo. It makes more sense if you'dve read it...

5. Struble

Struble New Member

I had always thought that Gonzo was an alien, myself. Ever since I was a wee youngin. But who is to say that his entire race of aliens aren't Whatevers? Huh? Riddle me that, Batman!

Sh.

6. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

I think he is an Alien,it makes sense I mean look at him.he cant be a Turkey,a whatever doesnt exist,and Frackles are gone.

7. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

i ALWAYS thought he was a alien raised by chikens.

8. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

Here's one right out of left park: The alien leader from MFS I hear sounds a bit like Scred. Perhaps this leader is a descendant of Scred sent to rule over a planet of his own species, therefore Gonzo's heritage originated on the planet Gorch.

9. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

according to the MFS novel, Gnzo's homeplanet is called Goznog.

10. Ol' Buddy Bert

Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

You know, I agree with a lot of you in the sense that when I was younger I always thought of him as an alien.

But now I don't think's important...Gonzo never should have been defined as being _anything_. Part of what makes Gonzo Gonzo is the fact that no one knows what he is and neither does he. It's a great running gag.

my two cents.

11. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

To me, Gonzo's always going to be the (little) blue weirdo with the chicken fetish :)

-Kim

12. No one knows what Gonzo is.

:)

13. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

He's a Muppet.

14. Struble

Struble New Member

Amen!

Sh.

15. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

My answer has been and always will be that Gonzo is a Weirdo.

16. Drtooth

I'll meet you dudes half way! He is an alien, but they don't REAAALLY tell us what species he is! I agree! He's an Alien Weirdo (or whatever).

17. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

That's what I said, but noone listens to me.....booohoo......:(

18. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Geez, I haven't posted forever. Sorry. Hello.

Gonzo is, and will always be, a whatever. Plain and simple.

-Chris

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

WHATEVER! WHATEVER! WHATEVER! WHATEVER! WHATEVER and WHATEVER.

Whether the weather be hot, whetherer the weather be cold, whether the weather whatever the weather gonzo will be a whatever forever and ever!

*pants uncontrobale*

Ok.

So Gonzo could or could not be an alien. The fact is that he has been stated as an alien, BUT, he maybe an alien whatever, OR, we have to accept him as a alien, AND, put up with the consiquences, SO, whatever we chose to do, WHETHER, we belive, OR< don't belive that he, GONZO, is/is not an alien I am afraid *starts crying* that nothing we can do now will stop Gonzo, BEING, OR, finding his past, SO, we shall grin and bear it *Large, fake grin* AND if I ever can prove that Gonzo is not from outof space, AND that he made it all up to freek us out, I wouldn't tell you all because you think that he is. *evil smile*

That is my message to mankind.

Beauregard

PS. He was never on Star Treak therefore he can't have been discovered. Maybe soon they will find this mysterious planet or put us unbelivers out of our misery.

20. banAndi

banAndi New Member

I agree. Gonzo is a whatever, plain and simple. I was kinda dissapointed when he actually discovered he was really an alien in MFS, even though I LOVE that movie. Still, it really depends on how you define ALIEN. Besides, whatever is funner to say. :D