Dec 25, Big Bird on Deal or No Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey gang,

This is all third or fourth-hand information by now, but word down from the "Street" is that Big Bird will be making an appearance on Christmas Day on Deal or No Deal, the featured game show on NBC (and a VERY COOL show, too).

Set your VCRs, tune in, and delight as our feathered friend makes his appearance on the show with Howie Mandel...and the banker!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... When's this on again? Gotta make sure it doesn't interfere with my Monday night TV schedule.

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
The Count said:
So... When's this on again? Gotta make sure it doesn't interfere with my Monday night TV schedule.
Deal or No Deal airs regularly Monday nights at 8pm Eastern and Pacific on NBC in the US and Global Television in Canada.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. :smile: Apparently this going to be a two hour special. Also, according to this article:

"Playing for the $1 million top prize is Santa Claus, Indiana resident, Skip Allen and ice cream man Lamar Wilson of Lexington, Kentucky - who will be joined by surprise guest Big Bird from "Sesame Street.""

So at least we know which contestant to watch for.

christyb

Reaction score
Big Bird and one of my favorite shows? I'm in!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Awesome! Who's doin' old yeller? Mr. Spinney I hope.

Luke

Reaction score
The Count said:
I have a feeling Christmas Day will interfere with your Monday night TV schedule Count. And how is Big Bird going to open the box, and isn't he supposed to be all childlike? Money's supposed to mean nothing to him, and now he's gotta be ruthless and decide which deal is best. Seems out of character for him, but i'm looking forward to hearing about it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for lettin' me know. Actually, it won't rully interfere that much Luke, Cartoon Network and Toon Disney will air their standard programming (Christmas episodes most likely) or continue with the specials which is fright in order with those channels, and Raw will still air on USA Network anyway.

Will definitely make a point of watching this, I've missed out on almost all the Muppet on-air appearances like Martha Stewart and the like, will watch this one fer sure.

MWoO

Reaction score
Luke said:
I have a feeling Christmas Day will interfere with your Monday night TV schedule Count. And how is Big Bird going to open the box, and isn't he supposed to be all childlike? Money's supposed to mean nothing to him, and now he's gotta be ruthless and decide which deal is best. Seems out of character for him, but i'm looking forward to hearing about it.
Rather pessimistic aren't you? You have no idea what his involvement will be. Maybe he will be child like and have no concept of money or maybe he will look at money like children do. I think a 6 year old knows what money is, if he's smart anyway. Maybe he'll just point out which is more. Maybe he'll say stuff like "That's a lot of bird seed!"

Geeze, what a Scrooge.

Status
Not open for further replies.