Deleted scenes?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of the six Muppet feature films had any scenes that were cut from the final movie. If so, what were these scenes and why were they taken out?

I know that in the junior novelisation of Muppets from Space there was a scene with Gonzo and Rizzo on the roof of the boarding house and a clip of this scene can be seen in a trailer for the movie, however it is not in the movie. Is there a reason that this scene was taken out of the movie?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I dunno about your last question. I know on Tv's Bloopers years ago they showed bloopers from MCC, one where Gonzo is whirling the grappling hook around to throw at Scrooge's window, and hooks himself in the face. Gonzo falls over on the tree limb and Rizzo screams, "Medic!" or something of that nature.

Did you mean bloopers or actual scenes cut from the film?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I dunno about your last question. I know on Tv's Bloopers years ago they showed bloopers from MCC, one where Gonzo is whirling the grappling hook around to throw at Scrooge's window, and hooks himself in the face. Gonzo falls over on the tree limb and Rizzo screams, "Medic!" or something of that nature.

Did you mean bloopers or actual scenes cut from the film?

i was actually wondering about both deleted scenes and bloopers. I wish that they included that blooper (and others, if there are any) on the dvd

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
last friday or saturday, one of the two, nbc was showing a bloopers show and they had bloopers from it's a very merry muppet christmas movie and kermit, piggy, fozzie, gonzo, rizzo, and pepe talked about the scenes.....not the answer you're looking for but i just wanted to point it out....

ryan

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
No scenes that I know of floydnjaniceman, but I love your handle---I'm a Janice fan! :flirt: Welcome!

:smile:

matleo

Reaction score
From what I understand,MFS hada lot of cut scenes. A lot of them!! You were supposed ot see theband playing on the beach, there was a scene with Mr. Poodlepants that got cut, the aforementioned scene with Rizzo and gonoz and I've even heard soem rumor about a scene in a dentist's office. The other films I don't know too much about but I know that in the book for the Muppet Movie there is a picture of Statler and Waldorf sitting in the El Sleazo and they had a few lines that were cut and in the book ofr MTM there is a similar thing where there is a pic of Staler and Waldord backstae with everyone trying to help Kermit regain his memory that got trimmed down to what we now see.

Actually last year Danny Horn wrote a very interesting piece on Tough pigs where he reviewed an early draft of the script to the Muppet Move. It's somehere in his Toughpigs anthology. and it's called the "Road to Hollywood". You can read it here if you like.

http://www.toughpigs.com/anth02aug.htm

I think you'll find it quite interesting.

--Matt

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I read the article from Tough Pigs last night. It was really cool. I wish that they had kept the scenes with Statler and Waldorf in the movie. I think they would have been very funny. I also think it would have been great if they kept the part when Robin comes out of the glove compartment and states that it is his favorite part of the movie. It was a really great article. Thanks again, Matleo! I wonder if there is a similar article about the other Muppet movies...

Beauregard

Reaction score
While we are talking of this, the advert for MFS tht I saw on KSY DVD is WAY funnier than the film.

Like when the canon goes off and the chief alien says "Ooops, too much gun powder" that was SOOOO funny. And there were about three other bits in the advert that were funny and wern't in the film.

Sad...

Drtooth

Reaction score
matleo said:
From what I understand,MFS hada lot of cut scenes. A lot of them!! You were supposed ot see theband playing on the beach, there was a scene with Mr. Poodlepants that got cut, the aforementioned scene with Rizzo and gonoz and I've even heard soem rumor about a scene in a dentist's office.

Also, Travelling Matt was scripted to have a brief cameo in MFS, but he never was there..... not used in the film... I would have loved to see that!