Denny's Muppet Giveaways?

Salmoto

Reaction score
I thought that Dennys would be giving out Muppet Dolls as part of ther promotion. Is there any news on it whether they changed their mind or not, because I really need a stuffed Kermit, even a little one. :frown:

uncleduke

Reaction score
Don't know about plushes, but they have free posters and standees! Just make sure you have some one outside with the car running, and no one is looking :big_grin:
Jus' kiddink, I would neeeeeeeeeeeeeever advocate stealing POP material from a huge conglomerate. :wink:

(BTW pop means Point Of Purchase)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I think there was speculation about giveaways and merchandise to sell, but we never got confirmation on it from Dennys or Henson.

The only Dennys where I live doesn't even have the posters and standees. *sigh*

Check eBay for a Kermit plush. The Nanco Kermit sold at eBay was small and quite affordable. You can probably find one in very good condition for a reasonable price on eBay. Also, try the Igel plushes. You can get them from PB Toys in the For Sale section. You do have to pay shipping from Germany, but the actual toys are not too expensive. I recommend ordering several things at once so the shipping is easier to handle (personally, I feel better about paying a lot in shipping if I get to pull multiple Muppets out of the box when it arrives).

Salmoto

Reaction score
I'd buy a collectible doll, but there's 2 things: first that I don't got a credit card, second that if I got a collectible, I wouldn't be able to use it. I love my Dr. Teeth figure but I felt a little guilty opening the box so I still saved the backboard.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
(BTW pop means Point Of Purchase)
heh...i take it you've done your retail time too? i used to be the receiver for my local Zany Brainy (and put all the POP displays together), and i was the customer service desk for a TRU, and i've been the assistant manager at 2 different dollar store chains.

but my deepest, darkest, secret? i worked as a team leader for Discovery Zone from june of '96 (when i graduated high school), until christmas of '99.

shh...don't tell anyone!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I thought that Dennys would be giving out Muppet Dolls as part of ther promotion. Is there any news on it whether they changed their mind or not, because I really need a stuffed Kermit, even a little one<<<

Well...

we had a several month LJS muppet campaign...total amount of merchandise from that: 0

we have had a campaign since may with dennys, and the total amount of merchandise from that: 0

so sadly, all these promotions like ups, etc and still nada...

And while we are on the subject on swiping muppet promo swag...consider that those muppet posters and standees are just gonna end up in the dumpster, so why not if a muppet fan gives them a good home?

I mean heck, those workers at Dennys...well when asked about the promotion, the usual response is "muppers? dems da muppers on that poster?" case in point...I wanted that huge video release mfs poster, but every rental store i went to said i couldnt have it, even when it was taken down. and guess what, they all ended up in the garbage.

just p's me off how us muppet fans get treated like dirt when it comes to promotional stuff or whatever.

the moral of the story? secure the goods if you can, as workers and management dont give a crud.

And about that Pepe plush we were promised by LJS...grrrr!!!

Jonathan

Reaction score
my deenys gave me the posters and stand outs

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
The posters and standees are supposed to be destroyed at the end of the promotion. The stores are told they cannot give them away (though frequently exceptions are made for employees) and they must destroy them. I know it sounds horrible and is really depressing for us fans, but the stores are just following the rules when they toss 'em.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last time we checked the promotion will end on Labor Day weekend.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Gosh i gotta go to another city to get to a dennys Lucky people