Denver specials etc

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Hi Ho,

Apologies if this is a post that has already happened...which I am sure at some point it has, but in my defence, I did try to read through everything first before asking...

I know that there were 2 John Denver specials made (rocky mountain and xmas) as well as a Miss Piggy special (not to mention countless others, but I am attempting "focus" right now..) and I know that the experts out there will know the deal, are they ever aired on TV, were they ever released on vid, and is there any way possible of obtaining them? I have both the Denver records and have always wanted to knit images to the sound. Any leads on this matter would be appreciated by me as a shiny new, double jointed* fish would be to Lew Z.

*if fish have joints.

Randy

Reaction score
I live in Australia, here they play one muppet special each day of the weekend and they play an episode of the normal show on weekdays. If you can play PAL type videos in Canada I can record them for you...and anyone else for that matter. I would be interested in trading shows...

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Thanks Randy, a special a week eh? Note to self: must leave Canada:stick_out_tongue:

I can not play PAL here although there are places that can transfer the tapes over, but it can be costly and kind of a pain. At the moment, I'll keep trying to find them more locally, but I really, really appreciate the offer and may still take you up on it! If I were you, I'd tape everything you can get your hands on as it will certainly come in handy for your trading needs later on!

Randy

Reaction score
yeah I think I will do that, Its two specials a week by the way. But sometimes they play stuff like hey Cinderella or one off shows like that so I would not really call them specials. but mostly its the documentary specials that are played.

Randy

Reaction score
yeah I think I will do that, Its two specials a week by the way. But sometimes they play stuff like hey Cinderella or one off shows like that so I would not really call them specials. but mostly its the documentary specials that are played.

saragewirtz

Reaction score
Wanted: Denver specials, too

I am really interested in finding the Rocky Mountain Holiday special on video also. I had it and it was lost in a fire. If anyone can help me out, I would be so incredible grateful.

Thank you.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lunatic Daring
At the moment, I'll keep trying to find them more locally, but I really, really appreciate the offer and may still take you up on it!
Well, I have the Denver specials and I'm just south of Barrie. Where in T.O. are you? We could probably work something out!

Mark

http://www.geocities.com/mahnamahna2000/

saragewirtz

Reaction score
John Denver & the Rocky Mountain Holiday

Mark,

I would love a copy of the tape. Go ahead and email me with your terms for the tape. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sara

saragewirtz@msn.com