Designing Muppet World

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Disney has a land and a world, Looney Tunes has Six Flags, and even Spielberg partnered with Universal Studios! But, the poor Muppets--not their own theme park!!

MrsWembley suggested a game where posters design

MUPPET WORLD!

Games, restaurants, hotels, features, stores, and more.

Don't post more than one idea per day, and don't post anything too similar to someone else's idea. There's NO BUDGET (when gaming) so go nuts and design the perfect Muppet World Theme Park.

Be very descriptive so, when folks read your ideas, they can envision it in their heads.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Rowlf the Dog's Piano Bar and Lounge.

I suppose that's sort of an obvious one, but I just wanted to be the first to suggest it. :wink:

Rowlf could be playing at the piano while the crowds relax, maybe have a drink, a nice meal, and enjoy the finest little dities that ol' brown ears can think of.

I'm picturing couches, maybe a small stage... sort of like a jazz cafe, but more classy. Curtains hanging everywhere (partially because we couldn't afford to finish the walls), Johnny Fiama and Sal could run the bar, and every now and again, Johnny could join Rowlf for a number.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
(For the record, I LOVE this idea!!)

Miss Piggy's Fashion Boutique

Come enjoy a lavish stroll through the fashion collection of the world's most famous pig diva. Browse through the endless aisles of glamour and glitz admiring the many outfits worn by the fantastic Miss Piggy over her glorious years in show business. (MISS PIGGY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT SELL ANY CLOTHING INSIDE MISS PIGGY'S FASHION BOUTIQUE AND CANNOT CONDONE ANY THING MAIMED, DEVOURED OR SEVERLY INJURED IN ANY WAY INSIDE MISS PIGGY'S FASHION BOUTIQUE. IN OTHER WORDS, KARATE CHOPS TO THE CHEST ARE LEGAL.)

MrsWembly

Reaction score
HEY!!! Thanks Fozzie for picking my game.

BTW, great ideas Scooter and prawncracker!

Actually, I’ve been thinking about how great it would be to have a Muppet World for quite a few years. My main idea has centered around a FRAGGLE ROCK UNIVERSE for people to explore, where you are the same size as a fraggle!

People would wait in line in Doc’s workshop but everything would be really big like it would appear to a fraggle. A gigantic desk, waste basket with a postcard from Traveling Matt sticking out, and a huge model of Sprocket laying in his doggie bed. There could also be a person in an Traveling Matt costume walking around and tripping over things while people wait to enter the Fraggle hole.

Small groups of people would enter the Fraggle hole at a time. The caves would closely resemble that of Fraggle Rock including the pipes when you first enter the rock.

There would be many different areas of the rock to explore.
(Note: There could also be small holes along cave walls of the rock where puppeteers could stick out their hands with Fraggle puppets to interact with people)

One direction of the cave could lead to the CRYSTAL CAVERN with tons of crystals shining and sparkling all around you. There would be small holes in the walls of the rock where puppeteers could stick their hands out with ROCK CLINGER puppets surrounding the area that could interact with people by pretending to lick them or rub against their shoulders, for instance.

Another direction of the cave leads you to BOOBER ROCK where plants let off smoke (like from a fog maker) and the roots of these plants would actually move and grow.

Another cave direction would lead you to the SINGING CAVE where you can touch parts of the cave and it would light up in different colors and make different musical notes to make music. Further down the same cave would lead to a large cavern where animatronic Mistrels are playing music and flowers puppets start blooming all around the cavern.

Of course, then come the doozers. While traveling down a different tunnel, you look up and see animatronic doozers working on their doozer constructions as you walk along until coming to the doozer cavern where you see the doozers contructing each step as to how doozer constructions are made.

Further down the tunnel would be Gobo and Wemley’s room. You would not be able to enter the room but look inside through the holes where Gobo and Wembley’s beds are - inside there would be an animatronic Gobo playing the guitar and an animatronic Wembley dancing around and singing with Gobo.

You would then journey to Red and Mokey’s room. Again, you would not be able to enter the room but look inside through holes. An animatronic Red could be lifting weights or balancing something on her nose. An animatronic Mokey could be reading her book of poetry and flipping the pages. Her plant Lanford could also be in the background moving around.

Then comes Boober’s room. When you look inside, an animatronic Boober could be singing a song and doing laundry with bubbles everywhere!

Stay tuned for Part II tomorrow!

:smirk: :excited:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
There could be a Gonzo themed Roller Coaster, the cars would look like Gonzo and from outside the ride it would look like Gonzo's being shot out of a cannon, because you would be shot up instead of going up slowly. (If you've ever been to Universal Studios in Florida, it'd be just like the hulk ride). At some point in the ride there'd be that easy chair from Gonzo's stunt in The Muppets Take Manhattan, and from inside the ride, it'd look like you're about to here it, but it'd turn at the last minute, and take your picture. Throughout the whole ride you'd here Gonzo's voice in speakers in the back of your seats. (Like at Disney's California Adventure) At the end of the ride when you see your pictures, there'd be screens with Statler and Waldorf making fun of how scared you look in the pictures.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
MrsWembly said:
Actually, I’ve been thinking about how great it would be to have a Muppet World for quite a few years. My main idea has centered around a FRAGGLE ROCK UNIVERSE for people to explore, where you are the same size as a fraggle!
Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it! Love it all! Brilliant!

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Thanks Scooter! I like the Gonzo roller coaster idea too. I'd go on it in a heart beat!

Well, here's Part II. I'll try and make it shorter. (LOL!)

After passing Boober’s room, you come to the center of the rock with animatronic fraggles everywhere! They are singing, swimming in the Fraggle Pond and one blowing the Fraggle Horn. All the other Fraggle characters would be there too, such as Convincing John, Marvin, Marlon, The World’s Oldest, etc. There would also be other characters from the show such as The Ditsies shining from above, the Lily Creature emerging from the Fraggle Pond, Mudbunny, Rock Beetles, Toe Ticklers, etc. The head of Junior Gorg could be sticking out of the well hole in the ceiling, like from the Capture the Moon episode.

The next cave tunnel leads you out into the Gorg’s garden with gigantic gorg models of Junior, Ma and Pa. The junior model would be watering the big radish garden with a light spray of water falling down on them.

You can venture inside the Gorg’s castle and see Gorg sized thrones, table, fire place, bathtub, Ma’s sewing basket, Ma’s china cabinet, Pa’s sword collection, etc.

After leaving the castle, venture to see the Trash Heap rise up and sing a song with Philo and Gunge, followed by a word of advice from Mama Trash!

Next to the trash heap would be another Fraggle hole leading to the last cave tunnel. The song “Magick Be With You” would be playing in the background while people in Fraggle suits (the main fraggles) would be waving goodbye as people exit the exhibit.

I hope more people come up with ideas. This is fun!
I invite anyone to expand on my ideas too. :excited:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
There would also be a virtual reality ride, if you don't know what i'm talking about, it'd be like the Back to the Future Ride at Universal Studios, or if you live in Minnesota and have been to the Mall of America, it'd be like the Mystery Mine Ride, bascially you're in seats that move and there's a big screen, and your taken on an adventure as if you're in the movie, you see it from the first person point of view and your seats move with the ride

Anyway, the "adventure" would change every once and a while, some would include

Saving Big Bird from the Sleaze Brothers
Escaping The Flying Monkeys
Escaping Pirates on the Hispanola
Dodging Doc Hopper
Catching the Jewel Thieves at the Mallory Gallory
Flying Through Time hanging on a Rope with the Ghost of Christmas Past
Flying throu Space and meeting the Cosmic Fish
Catching the thief who stole Piggy's Purse
Going from Oscar's trash can to Grouchland

and many more

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oooh! Oooh! For tours, there could be a little bus that goes around the park, and Scooter could be your tour guide! He could just be sitting at the front of the bus giving the tour.

Unless using animatronics, the tour couldn't be too long, though. That poor puppeteer's hand would fall off! :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There could also be tour busses that resemble the Electric Mayhem Bus and The Happiness Hotel Bus.

Another idea would be a Muppet Labs Inside the Computer Ride. Basically, the audience gets inside a vehicle with five rows of seats, and animatronics of Bunsen and Beaker operate the vehicle. It moves, but you face a screen that shows computer graphics, including many abstract designs (perhaps similar to the type of drawings that Jim Henson would make).

There could also be a Pigs in Space ride. Animatronics of Link, Dr. Strangepork, and Miss Piggy would be in the controll panel, and the window would have pre-recorded footage so that the riders would see where the ship is going. There would be seats for the audience.