1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Desiree Casado as Gabby

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mikebennidict, Oct 4, 2004.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

who of course plays Gabby. isn't she a sweet person? i was seeing that episodewhere rosita is made of of and sge and Miles sing that song about differences between people and i occured to me song lovely she sounds when she sings.
  2. caribZ

caribZ New Member

Good Actris

Desiree Casado, isn't she from the movie [I LIKE IT LIKE THAT]
    i saw her in that movie, that was an great act! :)
    :excited: do anybody now in how many movies she did act ?
    And do anybody have any information about the actor Tomas melly he was in the movie [ i like it like that] if so! Can some-one submit it on this forum ?
    THANK YOU SO MUTCH :flirt:
  3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I agree. I'd really like to go out with a girl like that.
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

5. DTF

DTF Member

Wait, then I'm confused; her birthday is given as 1985. (Not that imdb is always right, but...)

I thought Gabi was born more like 1991-2, after Luis and Maria got married. Or maybe a short time after that. It does make sense if 1993's when she started but...doesn't she look older than 11 to you?

Or, was she a victim of the same aliens as in this comical fan fiction http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2041064/1/ done by a friend, "Sometimes They Grow Up WAY Too Fast." Basically, it explains all the premature aging of characters on different TV shows as the result of aliens performing DNA experiments. :)

I'd think that Sesame Street wouldn't resort to prematurely aging a character, but you never know.
  6. TashAndMe

TashAndMe Member

DTF, here's the scoop:
    Desiree Casado didn't come on board until sometime in the middle of the 90s. Orginally, Gaby was played by Sonia Manzano's real life daughter, Gabriella Reagan, who left the show after she started kindergarten. Hope this is helpful. By the way, I have a crush on Desiree myself. I guess all us guys who do will have to win her heart by staging a wrestling or boxing match and the winner gets to be her steady. (Just joking).
  7. bladorean

bladorean New Member

I remember Gabby! I remember her a little child back in the day when I used to watch SS, I haven't watched an episode in over 10 years(I'm 16 now). I was on IMDB recently, and I saw she was still on after all these years. People have said she's gotten hot. I'm not really around to see recent SS Episodes now, now that I have school and all, but could someone show me a picture? Thanks.
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

actually the real Gabby left more like around 1991 or 1992. at the SW site Sonia Manzano writes or used to write some colum for the site in the parents section and mentioned the Gabby around the time i mentioned got tired of it and that's whan Desiree Casado came in. i question the IMDB page about her bith year considering it was about 1989 i think when Maria had her real life daughter as we know that site isn't always reliable.
  9. DTF

DTF Member

Cool thanks for the info, y'all.
  10. TashAndMe

TashAndMe Member

Hey, I own the "Sesame Street Unpaved" book and it says in Sonia Manzano's section that the real Gabriella left the show after starting kindergarten because she didn't like to be the center of attention. Not to be rude or anything, but I've personally spoken to the author of that book and he says he spoke to the cast and crew when he was writing it, so this information has to be correct.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I didn't know that, but I guess that makes since since Miles was originally played by Roscoe Orman's real life son. I guess they have decided to do that until the can find an actor/actress to play the kid when they get older. Just a thought.
  12. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

maybe Gordon's real life son simply didn't want to be on the show at that point.