Desperately miserable, please help.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once again, I appologize for being so melencholly on this site, dedicated to bring happiness to all Muppet mans, but this is serious. I am so desperately miserable, I may take my own life. If someone can help me, I'll be eternal grateful to them, and consider them my closest friend. Pardon spelling errors, since it's so hard to type when you feel this incrdably awful.

Your complete and hopeless failure, Dr.tooth.

matleo

Reaction score
hey DrT.

look man. I don't know what the problem is, and I;m not really quaified or certified to help, but I'm certain taking your life isn't the answer. 'gIve been feelin a bit down myself too, and this may sound cliche but I really DO look to all the positive stuff around me. even just seeing the sunset can really make you take a step back and realise how precious things are. Sometimes, it's not always so obvious. Sometimes it's just a little way that we touch a life. But there is good in this world. I'm no professional and I'm pretty lousy with advice, but if you need to someone to talk to, just to to talk and not have it go anywhere, then feel free to e-mail me. In the meantime, if you are serious about your troubles, I would suggest seeking someone more qulified then your truely. Like I said, if you need to talk I'm here. I know how much just talking can help. Hope tis at leats makes you feel a little better.

--Matt

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Man, I hate seeing people so down and out. And sometimes I can be pretty good at cheering people up. If you wanna talk about whatever's wrong with me (and I so wouldn't mind at all, I'd like to be helpful)...

drop me a line at:
underpants_gnome@iamwasted.com

or if you have AIM, message me at:
Debophobia

I just think this is probably a private matter which you probably don't want displayed all over the board.

^_^ Debo

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, the taking my life thing was a bit extreem, and I haven't truely though as much of it since I was in High School. It's just that I struggled like crazy to get where I am, and I'm STILL a failure. Other than you guys here, I have a sever lack of friends. basically, I get more courage typing stuff than saying stuff. I've had a rough life for someone in my status. I crawled through the pits of Hades to get into college, and I'm getting disastorous grades (anythoing below a B- is a disaster, but really..) No one cares or likes what I do, I am starting to lose my faith in anything. My dreams are becoming (as langston Huges once said) a Rasin in the sun, and I am still haunted by inner demons of everything I do. In fact, when I wrote that post I was reduced to tears,but I just don't cry. Putting your heart and soul into something, only to have it crushed, feeling stabbed in the back. I mean, that would really mess someone up, but this happens repeptitively, and I shouldn get used to it. it just gets more and more sever everytime.

Well, I probably can't kill myself anyway, since
a) I get too squeamish
and B) there's something inside that's trying to drag me on. Stopping me from giving up.

but you know me, in a few days or so, I'll be back to posting humours stuff, and feeling like my old self before you know it!

So I thank both of you for helping me through this tough time. may whatever you believe in bless and keep you, and I hope your dreams turn out much better than mine. Thanks.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey man, be greatful for what you've got. Use those things you don't have yet as drive to go on to achieve them. That's what life's all about. Furthering yourself for the better. Jim Henson lived and died for this dream. Let his love for the world be your inspiration to thrive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, it's just great that you people even want to try to help me..

Obviously no one AT SCHOOL gives a D***!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Scarecroe, my friend, has just offered THE BEST advice I've ever seen delivered on this forum.

Reminds me of an email I got once from a good friend (that I consider a good friend) from MC who thanked me for being silly and joking and making them laugh and feel good.

Not only does Scarecroe's advice make the best sense of all, but I also suggest that you let the things that burden you loose, and get as into your MC visits as possible, because in them somewhere you KNOW you'll find those posts which will crack you up. Laughter, per Roger Rabbit, is a powerful tool--and it will make you feel much better.

I hope it all works out. You know you have friends and family who love you, and that is always enough to make sure that whatever the bad things are, the love we all have for you outweigh the bad.

Be happy and don't fret. Nothing is so bad that something good can't happen.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thnaks Foz.. I can always count on you.

I just got a D for a final project i spendt a lot of time on.. Not even a C.. A C I can abide.. but a D... one grade up form faliure??? What the h*ll is that?
Well, I'll flunk out of college and be miserable, but at least I have people like you who at least care.

BTW, I tore the piece into little itty bits and got rid of it. That's when I ran over here and stuggled not to do anything rash and talk about it here.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
A D isn't flunk-ified! You can still pass with a D minus. I have had plenty of D minuses in my day. SOMETIMES I made good grades, but it was because I had to do bonus work. Try asking your instructor if there is anything extra you can do to get bonus points. That's what I did.

Of course, being teacher's pet helps a lot, too. So, do some kissing up. It worked for me.

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
My friend...

I think perhaps I (and maybe a few others) can understand the true depth of your plight. The post 90's have definately been a time of sheer frustration and destruction in a symbolic way. The crap of the 90's seems to have spilled over into this so called new millennium...9/11 in a way, is every day. Those two towers symbolic of dreams that once were crumbled on the floor.

When no matter what we do seems unappreciated, insignificant, and we feel alone...we wonder what the heck is the point.
I can completely relate to the sheer scope of how you are feeling. But make no mistake, triumph will come soon for us. A holy war is coming...a personal jihad not of ammunition or missles, but of ideas, creativity, and endless splendor. For all those out there who have ever dared to dream and got put down for it...for those
that have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend...for those who despite their best efforts have no friends in real life OR ONLINE, nor get the respect or attention you deserve...our day or all out triumph is coming.
Next year is when the possible becomes the possible for us, but it is up to you to seize the day...see what you can do to make your future perfect.

please feel free to email me at:
rivetbadtz@hotmail.com

or AIM:
rivetbadtz

(And that goes for anyone...my door is always open if anyone on here wants to talk)

Heh, I tried emailing ya or AIM-ing ya before, but you have no email AIM link on your profile. I can understand if ya dont like contact with other people(heck my inbox is virtually always empty)...so just check up on this thread, we understand!

~.c//0ry
viva la resistance