Destination: Home

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh I have to tell you! I was driving through my city and I saw a sign for a John GALT construction company. All I saw was the GALT part and I'm like, that guy is so evil! He's ruining the Muppets...and then I came back to reality and remembered it was a story. It's an interesting coincidence though! Anyway, love the story and can't wait to see what's ahead even if it gets rough!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<giggle>

<Chuckle>

<hysterical laughter>

Sorry but everything's funnier when you're tired. Just ask my mom after nine... actually, don't ask her that. Ask her if Bach's Handle is Baroque. Ah, I ramble again.

More story coming... I need a nap first... Oh don't look at me like that, it's perfectly normal for a teenage girl to take naps. And if it isn't, it should be.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Terror Dirt Road

They found Galt's property with surprising ease. Like the cabin, it was surrounded entirely with woods, but the entrance was much more visible.

Gina unhitched her car from the bus as the muppets slowly unboarded. Then she turned to face them. One look in their eyes told her that none of them wanted to be there. They were filled with fear, worry, dread, and doubt. Gina couldn't help but wonder what she would feel if she were ever to...

She brushed the thought from her mind. No time for that. Only time for encouragement and goodbye, and then she had a wedding to get to.

So she smiled at them. "Alright, guys," she said, bending down to give each of them a hug. "Good luck."

Miss Piggy got the last hug. She looked at Gina skeptically, trying to quelle her own nerves. "Is that what you're wearing to the wedding?" she asked, examining Gina's blue jeans and bright yellow t-shirt, her long black hair tied in a sloppy pony tail.

Gina smiled into Miss Piggy's eyes. "No, I'm changing when I get there. I have my dress and everything in the car."

Miss Piggy nodded vaguely, wishing that really was all she cared about at that moment.

Gina started to walk back towards her car. "You'll call if you need help?"

Fozzie hesitated. "But... you'll be at the wedding..."

Gina waved it aside. "Oh, don't worry about that," she said. "People get married all the time, right?"

"Well, yeah, but Gina-" Kermit started to say, but she silenced him with a single look.

"Kermit. If you need help. Call me." Then she smiled again. "Good luck."

Then she got in her car and started up the engine. As she roared off, they heard her shout, "Destination: Wedding!"

They turned to face the dirt road that led to Galt's house. They grasped each other's hands without quite realizing it, and took a deep breath. They took one step, and then another, and another, and another, slowly walking towards their greatest fear.

Five feet of dirt road behind them. And now ten, and now twenty. And now the road was going up a large hill. And now thirty feet of dirt road behind them. And now forty, and fifty, and here they were at the top of the hill. And now sixty feet, and now seventy feet...

They found themselves at the bottom of the hill, a war within each of them between the need for calm and the reality of nerves.

There was a crash of branches, a flash of grey, blocking their path, and suddenly the grey mass snapped out at them, snatching Kermit right out of their hands, and starting to walk away.

"HOLD IT!" Miss Piggy shouted.

"Where are you taking him?!?" Fozzie asked.

The mass of grey turned to face them. Kermit was squirming in one man's arms, trying to wiggle his way to freedom, but it was no use. The man was holding just a little too tight for that. He looked desperately to his friends. Then he saw Robin, and he tried to hide his fear. But it was too late for that. Robin had already seen the look in his uncle's eyes.

Another man in grey spoke to them, softly. "We're taking him to Mr. Galt," he said. "Mr. Galt told us to take Mr. the Frog to him. He didn't ask for any one else." His eyes seemed to plead with the muppets as he said, "Go away from here."

"NOT SO FAST!" Miss Piggy shouted. She stepped forward from the group. "You take your filthy paws off that frog RIGHT NOW!"

The man's eyes continued to plead. "Ma'am, please..."

She took up her classic karate position. "NOW."

The man was getting nervous now. "I... I can't..."

"HIIIIIIIII-YAAAAAAAA!"

And chaos erupted. The men charged her. She charged the men. A series of karate-chops, kicks, screams, yells, punches, shouts. The other muppets watched, trying to help, but finding they fared better on the sidelines, cheering for Miss Piggy with all of their might. Kermit's struggling became more fierce in the first man's arms, still to no avail. Somewhere in the midst of the fight, the man slipped away with the frog towards Galt's house. Kermit shouted out, "HELP! HELP!" but no one could hear him above all the other noise.

There was a sudden silence on the dirt road. Eleven men dressed in grey circled around Miss Piggy, while she stood, prepared to fight in the center. Then all at once they charged, from every direction, and she was powerless against the combined force. They lifted her up and began to hurry back to the house. The other muppets chased after, screaming, "WAIT! WAIT!" They ran as long as they could, each of them slowly coming to a stop, scattered down the dirt road. They were exhausted, collapsing into the ground, unable to go a single step more. In the distance, growing fainter and fainter, they could hear Miss Piggy crying out, "Helllllllllllllp!"

They lay in the dust for what felt like a very long time. Slowly, they got up, and headed back up the road, until they returned to being one large group.

The ten of them looked at each other in silence. None of them knew what to do. None of them were quite sure what had happened. They stood there for a while, trying to get their bearings.

Robin broke the silence. "They took Uncle Kermit."

They nodded. "Yeah, and Miss Piggy, too," Rowlf said.

"So what do we do now?" Gonzo asked.

A brief moment of silence before Floyd spoke. "We've gotta get them back."

"Rully. But like, how are we going to do that?" Janice asked.

And another brief moment of silence. Fozzie turned and started walking up the road away from the house, and the others followed. "We'll call Gina," he said.

They got back to the main road and split into two groups. The Electric Mayhem turned to the right, while Fozzie, Rowlf, Gonzo, Camilla, and Robin went left. They walked in their opposite directions searching for a pay phone. After an hour, The Electric Mayhem found one. Floyd and Animal ran back the other way to catch up with the other group, and led them back to the phone. Fozzie put in the coins and dialed.

Gina was laughing with her friends when she heard her phone. "Oh, excuse me..." she said.

She stepped away from the group and picked up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Gina?" Fozzie's voice came across the line.

"Fozzie! What's wrong? What happened?"

"They ...they just came out of nowhere, Gina, I don't know what happened, it just... it... I mean..."

"Fozzie, now, just calm down. Take a deep breath. Calm down. Get your thoughts together. Now just tell me what happened."

"We were on the way to the house, and all of a sudden, there were those men, and... and they took Kermit and Miss Piggy..."

"Okay, Fozzie, just relax. Tell me where you are now."

Something clattered at the other end. She thought she heard a muffled scream, but she couldn't be certain.

"Hello? Fozzie? Fozzie, are you there? Fozzie?..."

...The receiver dangled from the silver cord of the pay phone, swinging just a little bit in the air. There was no one around to hear a voice coming from across the wires.

"Guys? Are you there? Hello? Hello? Guys?"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm speechless....it's scary....Kermit????? Fozzie???? Miss Piggy???? Hurry Gina, Hurry!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beth, how the heck did you read all that in six minutes?!?

... and how much would you hurt me if I told you that it gets worse... I mean! Um- uh- nothing! nothing. Nothing at all.

Man, I could never play poker.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless we're playing it all together again at the Dorms. Hey, that gives me an idea for next weekend or week after.

And I just know things will get worse before they get better, that's just the way it goes.
So, Lisa, got any deuces?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NOOOO!!!

Why, why! Not Kermit! Not Gonzo! Okay, they can have Piggy. But not Gonzo!

But seriously, I shouldn't be posting here, still gotta post another chapter of "Muppet High"...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And over here... *Pointing to rock.
You'll see the incredible Lisa-ard, known to its friends as Together Again. She prefers hiding under rocks when her fanfic has hit a moment of triumph, and is noted for its shyness when receiving praise... Or crazy comments trailing on what she said last time.
Let's see if we can get it to come out and talk to us. *Approaches rock.
Hello Lisa? We just wanted to say your story's going rully great. Don't you want to say anything to the nice folks who've come to see you and read this fascinating story?
No? Oh well, that's OK, just hide here under your rock, we won't bother you much. Except to get another story segment out of you.

Sorry folks, she's not coming out today. So... Let's move on to the next exhibit where you'll be amazed by the brown-haired Beauregard of Paradise, highly regarded for its rainbow tail and the arc of colors it leaves in its wake.
*Crowd moves on to Bo's fanfic to marvel at the story there.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Aye Carumba! Holy Guacaomley Officer Spicoley! Keep it comin', this is intense!