1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Well-Known Member

Yes you are correct he was shown full body in both of these scenes :)

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

That is a good question. 6" is too big for the Swedish Chef and too small for Sweetums. Isn't 7" suppose to be DST's human action figure size that they are comparing the Muppets to? Maybe it is the size of the S&W balcony height ?

3. Rtec1

Rtec1 Well-Known Member

cannot see us getting a piano with Rowlf seen as he comes with two other figures even if one of them can be called an accessorie. And especially as they are already packing in the balcony with Statler and Waldorf

Muppy likes this.
  4. muppetperson

I was thinking that the 4-6 inches was the general range over all and that the balcony was the biggest over all that it will get. However, I have gone back over the descriptions of each series and see that they vary!
    Series one was 2-6" (The spot light stand was 6")
    Series two is 4-5"
    May be for series 3, the 6" is a large studio movie camera like Palisades had with Kermit?

Blue Frackle likes this.
  5. muppetperson

What struck me strange about the Palisades Rowlf figure is that he is all body, with very short legs. This is very different from how all the Rowlf figures that have been made. While Rowlf does have short legs, Palisades seemed to be very short, that he wouldn't be able to walk properly!!

LaRanaRene likes this.
  6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Diamond Select recently confirmed on their Facebook that the Toys R Us pack of Statler and Waldorf will NOT be coming with the balcony. My guess is that they'll just come with their chairs then. I feel like Animal will meet a similar fate too, with some of his drum set probably being pared-down to two or three pieces.

If you're asking me, the Statler and Waldorf and Animal packs are really the only ones that I feel you HAVE to get the non-Toys R Us packs for. Mainly because they come with one large piece that's pretty essential to the characters.

7. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Series One Palisades Kermit suffered from the factory mistakenly using a poor grade of plastic. I remember all of this stuff like it happened yesterday.

As for full-body Muppets in products. Jim Henson never quite set these up for merchandising the way other companies do. He was notoriously very selective with how his characters were used once he left the world of advertising. Most head-to-toe imagery for the characters was in cartoon form and only for a select few members. Rowlf was made to appear shorter in this form and that's repeated to this day.

[​IMG]

Well, except when you get a team of artists who first notice the discrepancy and then care enough to change it. Sometimes they're not even permitted to. Anyway, Palisades helped write some of the licensing book for the Muppets. I helped with some of that. Tough, but fun. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Count, LStein, LaRanaRene and 3 others like this.
  8. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

It looks like pre-orders for Statler and Waldorf are sold out just about everywhere. Which is a great sign for the line, but a bad sign for anyone who hasn't pre-ordered it yet. Like myself :oops:

9. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Well-Known Member

I submitted an Ask DST about series 3 accessories. Hopefully we get some info soon, either there or at SDCC!

jvcarroll and LStein like this.
  10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Well-Known Member

jvcarroll and The Count like this.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I'm coing back to this thread after reading the article at toughpigs stating the same. SDCC 2016 will have a TMTM Wedding set of Muppet Minimates exclusives. Wonder who the other two figures besides Tux Kermit and Wedding Piggy will be.

Also, I've noticed that there's one main figure who's paired either with an accessory set or two smaller buddy pack-in figures.
    S1 was Kermit with Robin and Bean Bunny.
    S2 was Animal with his drum set.
    S3 will be Piggy with Foo-Foo and a penguin I'm calling now will be Gloria Estefan since they're including/making this set based on "Up Late with Miss Piggy" from the 2015 TV series.

BTW: I know Fozzie and Scooter were one of the other packs from S1, but who were the other? Bunsen and Beaker? And who got partnered with Dr. Teeth in S2? :search:

Blue Frackle likes this.
  12. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The photo lineup reveals a classic penguin. One thing to consider about the toy industry is that it takes a year or more for an item to go from concept to store shelf. Considering that the episode featuring Gloria didn't air until February, that's just not feasible. The Penguin inclusion appears to have been a coincidence. ;)

Blue Frackle and The Count like this.
  13. The Count

Thanks for that Jamie. Is the Gloria Estefan puppet design truthfully that much different than the standard Muppet penguin, other than the size of course?

BTW: I remembered that Zoot was packed with Dr. Teeth as part of the S2 lineup. So that means Lips is the only member left to complete the Electric Mayhem past S3.

jvcarroll likes this.
  14. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Well-Known Member

Gloria Estefan looks more like a baby penguin in design, whereas the regular Muppet penguins are more adult.

Regarding the Electric Mayhem, are you talking about the Selects or the Minimates, Count? The Selects have Animal in Series 2 and Janice and Floyd in series 3. Dr. Teeth, Zoot, and Lips have not yet been announced. For the Minimates, Animal and Dr. Teeth are in series 2, and Floyd, Janice, Zoot, and Lips will all be in series 3, so that set will be completed soon. Hopefully this helps!

jvcarroll and The Count like this.
  15. The Count

Yes, I was confusing the Minimate lineup with the Select figure line. I forgot that the article at toughpigs saying that Dr. Teeth and Zoot would be partnered together ended with the "Click here" comment referring to Minimate Zoot's tiny saxophone.

So what's the Select figure line's S2 consist of then? :search:

jvcarroll likes this.
  16. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

a

Bunsen and Beaker with accessories
    Statler and Waldorf with the balcony
    Animal and his drum set

The Count likes this.
  17. The Count

Thanks. But if :confused: and :eek: are in S2, then what's the other 2-pack for S1 besides :o and ;)?

18. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

19. The Count

Thanks, now I've got the complete line for the three series. It's a bit confusing since I'm not following it as hardcore as other people/purchasers.

20. muppetperson

Not forgetting the third S1 Select pack- :)+Robin+Bean Bunny!