1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

That could be true, but the statements I've read so far have only stated the following:
    • There are four waves planned to span one year
    • Size of the figures (Muppets will be in muppety scale with 7" human figures)
    • They are on the second round of sculpting (and are integrating the articulation)
    • There won't be many accessories
    • Released figures will be in two-packs
    Nowhere have I read that there will be only one two-pack released per wave. It would be unusual for a figure company to do that, but buddy packs like this aren't the norm either. Maybe that particular question should be asked directly to them.

uncle deadly333 and dwayne1115 like this.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Technically, I didn't read that, but I got that assumption from the fact that only the Kermit and Fozzie figure prototypes, in addition to the Mini Mates, were on display at Toy Fair. But maybe the other sculpts just hadn't started yet.

Yes, it seems unusual that there'd be just one two-pack of figures at a time, but at the same time, I know that there's a big difference in action figures (especially collectible ones) now than there were a decade ago. With figures costing a lot more now than they were in the past (and I think Dr. Tooth keeps saying that the more pitiful types of toys cost around 8 dollars) and multi-packs being common, I wouldn't have been surprised if there was just one at a time.

jvcarroll likes this.
  3. I cannot wait for these figures mainly because theres a minimates Robin!:)

jvcarroll likes this.
  4. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

That was my question! I'm famous! Can't wait for this line.

j3h likes this.
  5. j3h

j3h Active Member

We have a new little nugget of news from MSWord on the Fwoosh forum!

Re: Muppets (Palisades/DST)
    [​IMG]by MSWord on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:24 pm

"We'll release a few two-packs at a time. So I believe 24 characters have been planned."

6. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

24 characters! Amazing! Palisades gave us 36 (not including Javas, Gaffer, Penguins, Ghosts, Lobster Bandittos, Random Frog Scout etc...) If the line continues that bit longer we might give us everything we are not expecting!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Translated (if 24 is the total character count for the first year) that means 3 buddy packs (6 total figures) per quarter. These seem the most likely to me:
    Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Scooter, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Sam, Animal, Janice, Floyd, Dr.Teeth, Zoot, Rizzo, Robin, Camilla, Pepe, Walter, Lew, Crazy Harry, Sweetums.

Just a stab in the dark, but if the line stopped at just those characters, I'd still feel good about it.

los, Mister Muppet and j3h like this.
  8. j3h

j3h Active Member

Diamond Select Toys has sent along a press release. They announce that they will be at C2E2 in Chicago, There they will be debuting a new booth and new items. At the show, they will have a panel showcasing new Minimates including:

• Ant-Man Movie
    • Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • The Walking Dead
    • Gotham TV Series
    • Aliens
    • The Muppets
    • Comic Book Men
    • Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
    • Dragon Age
    • And More
    Read on to see the full press release. C2E2 takes place April 24 – 26 in Chicago.

Diamond Select Toys Heads to Chicago with New Reveals and a New Booth!

From April 24th to the 26th, Chicago will once more play host to one of the fastest-growing pop-culture conventions in America, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, also known as C2E2! Since the show’s debut, Diamond Select Toys has made the annual trek from their headquarters in Maryland to the Windy City, to show off their newest products, talk to their fans, and sample the local cuisine, and 2015 will bring DST to C2E2 yet again!

This year, DST will be setting up a brand-new booth at the show, in location #817, with new display cases and product walls, to better show off many of their upcoming items as well as currently available products! Free posters of Sin City, Ghostbusters and Marvel Minimates will be given out throughout the weekend, so be sure to check back regularly.

DST will also host a panel, on Friday, April 24, from 4:15-5:15 PM in room S402, entirely focused on the Minimates mini-figure line! Marketing Supervisor Zach Oat and prototype painter Jeff Stephens will reveal new series and upcoming assortments based on Marvel comics, movies and animation, including the Ant-Man movie and Avengers: Age of Ultron, as well as The Walking Dead, Gotham, Aliens, The Muppets, Comic Book Men, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Dragon Age and more! Check out new artwork, sit in on a Q&A session and stick around for a Minimates prize drawing at the end of the panel!

If you can’t make it to the panel, or want to ask about our many non-Minimates items, come by Booth 817 and ask one of the DST staff members on hand!

9. j3h

j3h Active Member

More from the Fwoosh

Re: Muppets (Palisades/DST)
    [​IMG]by MSWord on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:00 pm

MSWord wrote:We'll release a few two-packs at a time. So I believe 24 characters have been planned.

MaxGoof wrote:Any chance for characters that Palisades didn't get to (Walter, Sal and so forth), or are all the characters Palisades didn't do considered too small-time?

MSWord wrote:Actually, I think our first series has one character Palisades never made. An important one, I think!

Can't speak to Sal, but each two-pack will have at least one major character in it, so I suppose if the line goes on long enough, we could see a Sal. Walter seems more likely, given his starring role in the recent films, but you'd have to Ask DST. http://www.artasylum.com

I mean, I'd love to see a Digit, but I don't know if that would happen for a while, if ever. And I'd rather see Animal Hospital before Sal, personally.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hummmm..."an important one Palisades never made"...

Mahna Mahna?
    Nigel?
    Thog?

10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

My guess is there talking about Walter,Constantine or if we are lucky Bobo.

11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

A character we've never seen before in action figure form? I wonder which that could be? Walter qualifies I guess, but who else? Maybe Sweetums? Bobo the Bear? Uncle Deadly?

12. j3h

j3h Active Member

MSWORD talks about Walter separately, so I don't think it's him (or Constantine) that is the "one important character palisades never made" being referred to. To me that could imply that it's a character that existed during palisades' run but they didn't do.
    He mentions Sal is not who he is talking about, so the Monkey is out of the guessing pool for series one.
    Uncle Deadly & Sweatums were made as figures by Palisades, so they are out. He also mentions Vet's Hospital for his wish list, so Dr. Bob and crew can be removed from guessing.
    He also doesn't say "version of character"...just "character", so different outfits (like Dr. Bob again) would be excluded.

Maybe J.P. Grosse? Add him to my guesses along with Thog, Nigel, & Mahna Mahna.
    Bobo is a good guess too, but I personally wouldn't launch the line with both Fozzie the bear and Bobo the Bear in the same small wave.

13. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

hmmm quite a mystery the only other character i would guess would be Bean Bunny but he seems quite obscure to put in the first wave. i don't think i can wait till C2E2 or Comic Con i need pics now.

Dearth likes this.
  14. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't know. It might be a character a little more mainstream? Maybe Constantine, but I doubt it. Bean Bunny could totally be possible, I think he's one of the obscure mainstream. Could be possible.

I really hope it's a Topo Sticky figure though. :p

15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I have the Bean Bunny action figure Disney made a couple years ago. My bet would be on Bobo, with Bean, Mahna Mahna and Nigel being possibilities. Though, Palisades did make smaller figurines of Mahna Mahna and the Two Snowths.

BlakeConor14 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Clearing up a few misconceptions...

:grr: and Uncle Deadly were made as action figures by Palisades, they were among the last few exclusive figures released through online retailers in 2005.

It should be obvious that Palisades never got to making/including :fanatic: as part of their Muppets figure line, Walter didn't exist then. His first appearance was in The Muppets 2011 feature film, Palisades had the license from 2002-2005.

Since C2E2 is this weekend, I hope for new news from :news: on the upcoming Minimates and Buddy Pack Muppets figure line from DST. I'll probably only get into it if there are any characters I don't already have which probably won't be until someways down the release schedule. :sigh:

dwayne1115 likes this.
  17. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I'm thinking maybe Clueless, Bobo, or Bean are going to be the one palisades never made.

Waiter Grover likes this.
  18. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to the Muppet Select and Minimates. But I seriously cannot wait for the Muppet Select line it sounds Awesome, I mean I like the sound of the Minimates (were getting both Robin and Scooter). But the Muppet Select line sounds amazing 24 figures is a Great thing and considering their being released in 2 packs more characters that are less well known by the public (e.g. Lew Zealand etc) can be released by pairing them with more well known Muppets (e.g. Kermit, Fozzie, etc). Also my bets on the figure they say their putting in the first wave that Palisades never made is Bobo, and I say their could be a good chance that Walter is made ;)

19. j3h

j3h Active Member

I also wonder what outfit Gonzo will get:concern:...I'm kinda hoping for modern sweater vest

Mister Muppet likes this.
  20. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

I'm hoping they go with the sweater vest design as well. I think that and a well detailed Piggy are going to seal the deal for me. Hoping we hear some news from c2e2