1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I was about to say that I would be ok if this line ends after 5, but then I started thinking about who else I would actually like to see and I realized I will actually need about 10 waves haha. The ones I want to see are Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Lips, Pepe, Rizzo, Walter, Sweetums, Link, Strangepork, the Swedish Chef, Uncle Deadly, Yolanda, Lew Zealand, Sam, Bobo, Big Mean Carl, Beauregard, and two Snowths. If it only went to a series 4 or 5, the Electric Mayhem and Walter would be my top wishes.

2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

I think with the smaller figures they could do some great playsets. I was thinking it wouldn't have been a bad idea for Palisades to just do the Muppet Theater as the ultimate playset and then everything else could've just stood to have been inserts. Don't get me wrong, they did some great playsets, but Muppet Labs could've just stood to have just been a backdrop with a desk and Animal didn't need that grandiose drum set.

jvcarroll and floydnjanicefan like this.
  3. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

I don't know about select figures but Diamond have confirmed via Twitter & Facebook that the 3rd wave of minimates will be out in toys r us and comic book shops.

4. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

I really hate the habit of Diamond Select making very tiny mushroom joints. I once got a Jack Skellington and it was already broken in seconds. Don't really trust it enough to buy a Kermit from them, considering how small HE is. I'll stick with my palisades one for now.

5. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Although I'm a sucker for articulation

6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the figures will be out soon

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It was confirmed in this thread that Toys R Us won't be carrying the Minimates. Hopefully that Twitter and Facebook post means that Toys R Us has changed its mind (and the info wasn;t a mistake or something).

8. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

No, you are wrong this wave of minimates will not have any Toys R Us exclusives but, they will still carry the minimates.

9. muppetlover123

Diamond tweeted that the muppet minimates are out today but sites like entertainment earth still say preorder so possibly tomorrow they will offically be out? Either way I'm excited to own the whole Electric Mayhem band

10. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Minimates are pointless in my eyes

11. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

They were officially released yesterday. I picked up a full set at my local comic/collectible shop. The only full set they received.

The cases are packed with 8 two packs: 1 Newsman & Pepe, 1 Lips & Zoot, 3 Floyd & Janice, 3 Constantine & Officer Fozzie.

12. Got Dr. Teeth and Animal. Looking forward to add the rest of the Electric Mayhem. Guess I'm becoming a real Electric Maniac (a fan of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem).:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

13. floydnjanicefan

Entertainment Earth has charged my credit card for $29.99 which means my series 3 minimates will be on their way soon! Can't wait!

jvcarroll and muppetlover123 like this.
  14. muppetlover123

I was just gonna come here and post this! I am ordering mine as we speak

floydnjanicefan likes this.
  15. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Merry christmas

ryan19 and BradyBunchFan like this.
  16. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Here's series 3 in package and most likely I'll get Electric Mayhem Packs and Pepe
    [​IMG]

bobby bensen and muppetperson like this.
  17. muppetlover123

Diamond confirmed on twitter that Series 3 of the select figures are in the factory now so it should be a spring release like Series 1. So we may get some packaging shots soon! Also they said they might reveal Series 4 soon

floydnjanicefan likes this.
  18. floydnjanicefan

My minimates arrived today! They look great!

What other characters do you want to see as minimates? I would like to see Sam, Rizzo, Walter, Sweetums, Uncle Deadly, Bobo, and Yolanda. The Vets Hospital crew would also make a nice Toys R Us set if they do that again for series 4. I think one more wave of minimates would be nice, but unlike the Selects, I would be ok if this collection wrapped up soon since it does feel like a fairly complete collection as it stands.

19. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Alright, so I finally got around to unpackaging the series 2 Diamond Select figures, and my biggest complaint is Animal's drums. Holy crap. They were one of the most frustrating things to set up. The cymbals barely stand on their own, and if one thing tips over, it knocks practically every other piece down with it. My solution was to put double sided adhesive pieces on the bottom of each kit piece, which seems to work a bit better.

Overall, the figures in this set are wonderful. Their limbs were very stiff to begin with, but i was able to loosen them up. The Statler and Waldorf balcony is amazing, as is the duo themselves. Looking forward to Series 3 in March

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So more March/April instead of late January? I'm ok with that, long as they are fer sure coming out :)