1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I have no information about this, but my experience and that of my peers tells me that it could be a factory issue or something. It happens. Maybe paint aps were splooshy or an arm was too loose. It's irritating. Also, it might still be April and that particular listing could be a misprint. Or maybe it's when they'll be available on the DST site. I just don't know. Yes, it would be nice to hear someone clear that up. I'd invite any of you guys to ask these questions on their facebook page. If a question is asked enough, they will eventually answer it. EDIT - CORRECTION: When asked this weekend if S3 will be coming soon, the reply was, "Yes, they're coming out. Not sure what you mean by soon, but hopefully by end of spring. Added some accessories, but most of our figures have a 6-month turnaround, give or take." I guess that other listing is incorrect.

BradyBunchFan and Rtec1 like this.
  2. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

"not sure what you mean by soon" That's funny! Like we haven't waited long enough

BradyBunchFan and jvcarroll like this.
  3. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Today they answered my question regarding Minimates series 3 as part of their AskDST column:

Jimmy M.
    I had heard a rumor that series 3 might be the last wave of Muppet Minimates. Are you able to confirm if this is correct? I have loved this series and would keep collecting it forever, but if it had to end, I would really love to see a few last main characters who have not yet been produced: Sam the Eagle, Rizzo the Rat, Lew Zealand, Sweetums, Walter, and some Snowths to go with Mahna Mahna. Any chance you would bring it back for one more wave?

DSTChuck: At this time, we do not have plans for Muppets MM beyond Series 3. Unfortunately, there were not enough fans of the line that felt like you do.

muppetperson, Rtec1 and BradyBunchFan like this.
  4. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Are we 100% getting series 4 of the figures?

5. floydnjanicefan

I hope so, but nothing is really guaranteed in the industry until it's in your hands. It will depend on sales of 1-3.

6. floydnjanicefan

I wonder what the additional accessories are.

BradyBunchFan and jvcarroll like this.
  7. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

The Piano

8. bobby bensen

bobby bensen Active Member

i feel like I'll soon be blocked from their twitter lol I've continuously asked about a release date and all they will say is "this summer"

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  9. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Last time I asked on twitter was February and was told hopefully next month, meaning March. I give up!

10. floydnjanicefan

In today's Ask Diamond Select Toys, someone asked if there would be more Muppets past series 4, and they said no plans yet, they are waiting for sales, but they are very hopeful.

Would you say hopeful is the same as optimistic? I hope so!

11. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I take "hopeful" in this case to be the same as pessimistic. It doesn't sound like the sales have been there to justify continuing the line. I hope I'm wrong.

BradyBunchFan and muppetperson like this.
  12. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

The reply was that they don't know what "DIRECTION" they will take
    after series 4. This could be taken as that it will end in it's current format or it will change somehow. Maybe they might change from "The Muppet Show" era to modern era, if not stop altogether?

13. floydnjanicefan

I think if it was pessimistic they might just say Seems unlikely. Maybe right now they would like to, but it could go either way.

14. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

When do they plan on releasing series 5, 2020?

To me i think they've said that to try and spike people's interest in the remaining 2 series in the hope it strengthens sales.

BradyBunchFan and MuppetsRule like this.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Were in the last few days of April, and not even packaging shots yet...wondering they will be out? Maybe sometime in May?

16. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they never make it to shelves. I've tried to stay optimistic, but we've been down this road before, pushing release dates farther and farther back.

17. jvcarroll

They'll come out. Both Series. The official word is the end of May for S3 and late October for S4. I doubt they'll be pushed back again.

18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah Entertainment Earth says May now

jvcarroll likes this.
  19. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the company make up their mind for once and actually choose a release date so people won't get all confused?

20. jvcarroll

These things get packed on a big ship along with so many other items from China and that boat can take a while to get here. Also, sometimes projections are knocked off course due to factory issues. There could be many reasons. They'd love to hit a target date, I'm sure, but that's just not how it works with action figures. They're much more of a limited/niche product. Rest assured - they are coming...eventually.