1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

Some of the accessories seem like an afterthought. Crazy Harry can't properly hold the triangle (assuming he's supposed to play it - where is the beater/stick?). His hands look like they were sculpted to hold a dynamite plunger.

I literally think we are supposed to save Mahna Mahna and the triangle for when the Zoot figure comes out.

2. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

Tell me this - is there a hole on the back of the balcony so you can hang it on the wall?

Edit: Okay, I found out there isn't, but last question: what is the difference between the TRU Animal and the "deluxe" version? Anything?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

The balcony is set back in, at the back, so you could hang it, resting the nails on the top edge. If there was any difference in the TRU Animal, it would be that there might be less cymbals.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I bought The Lips and Zoot minimates and the Rowlf select pack. I am excited to get my hands on Piggy and Floyed next.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  5. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

No the TRU Animal version was exactly the same as the regular version!

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Active Member

At the Diamond Select panel they had a slide of The Muppets but nothing new. I'm still hopeful of a 5th wave of figures though :)

LStein likes this.
  7. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

I'm just hopeful of getting wave 3 & 4

LStein likes this.
  8. muppetperson

Well, wave 3 is out, but it is worrying that it doesn't appear that wave 4 is
    on show at Comic Con.

9. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Wave 3 hasn't reached the UK yet and no signs! I can't remember what interview it came from but wherever it was I thought the DST guy was very coy about Wave 4 reaching the shelves a month or so ago

10. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Anyone in the UK found series 3 yet?
    I see they are on Amazon.co.uk but are out of stock at the moment and a seller has them on eBay, but £40 for the Piggy set, he's having a laugh! Good sign that they could be in Forbidden Planet though

11. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Scratch that about Forbidden Planet, I just called the Shaftesbury Avenue shop and he checked the system and said it doesn't look like they're stocking them anymore

12. BobbyBenson64

Any update with BBTS

13. muppetperson

I was just coming on to say that I still haven't been charged. It has gone past the 10 days since I got their email. Sure is taking a long time to get to them since DST shipped them. BBTS must have gone for the cheapest shipping and a walking back packer must still be on the way !!!

BobbyBenson64 likes this.
  14. VActorDreamer

VActorDreamer New Member

Do you happen to have a pic of the Cookie figure with the DST figures? The Bandai figure is 3.6 inches tall for reference.

15. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Diamond responded to a Facebook post from February 2017 stating that series 5 is a possibility: "If everyone pre-orders Series 4, maybe!" It's nice to hear they haven't ruled it out.

16. muppetperson

BBTS now have stock and my order has been processed.

17. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Wow this thread seems dead lately! Guess most people are still waiting on Series 3?
    I finally managed to snag all 3 sets at a decent price on Amazon here in the UK, should have them by next Wednesday hopefully!

muppetperson likes this.
  18. BobbyBenson64

I received mine from BBTS today. I really don't have anything critical to say other than 1.) Miss Piggy has a real hard time standing and 2.) No explosives with Harry. The amount of accessories is great! I probably spent more time untying twisty ties than I did messing around with the figures. Rowlf, Crazy Harry, and Janice are probably my favorite of the group.

Blue Frackle and muppetperson like this.
  19. BobbyBenson64

Oh also Lips is in the group photo, and listed on the playbill so on the off chance we do get a 5th wave of figures I'm pretty sure Lips will be a part of the assortment.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  20. muppetperson

I am really starting to think that we wont see series 4.