1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Rtec1

Rtec1 Member

Think we should knock all this on the head now, no need for people to be kicked. I see it from both sides, maybe a little over critical from one, and a little over protective from the other.
    You can't please everyone, I've loved all three series with very minor criticisms, my only concern is still over the final wave.

2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I admit to being protective for reasons I can't discuss, but that one particular member, for someone who collects these, doesn't seem to like them very much. It's strange. The same was the case with previous products like the Palisades. However, the funny thing is that Palisades received 10 times more criticism than these. I guess perspective is in order all around. I'm very proud of the Palisades too. Great stuff. The DST Piggy is hands-down better and we got a Foo Foo too. Something Palisades neglected. Oh, and the head moves. The dog is articulated. The leash, on the other hand, is very odd. I still don't understand that thing. :p

3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Huh? Is the line ending after only three series? Will S4 be released? Not that I've bought any of the DST line, but their continued success means that Muppets figures whether full action or small-scale Minimates are still in the public's eye/purchasing power.
    :confused: :concern: :skeptical:

4. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Too soon to tell at this point. Diamond has been a bit cryptic in their response, and said the sales of Series 3 action figures and pre-orders of 4 will determine if 4 is released. The minimates are done.

5. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

6. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I dunno if this has been pointed out yet but, today, 9/10/17, at Barnes & Noble, I was able to get the Kermit, Robin & Bean figure set for 75% off, which came to $4.02. ( They almost gave me the 2 cents but I was all " Nahhh. I've got 5 ones. " ). So, if anyone has one near them, it may be worth a look. The figures are close to the quality of the Palisades line as prolly most folks who've read this thread know by now. It's the first Bean and " nekkid " Robin I've owned though.:smirk:

MikaelaMuppet and pjtoadie like this.
  7. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

I wonder if it's at every location that's selling it? I might have to call my local store, that's a great deal!

Foodie and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah, it was pretty cool. They only had the one set at mine. I really wanted a Bean figure so that was nice. :)

9. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

I went to their website and it showed that my nearest locations didn't have them in stock. :sympathy:

MikaelaMuppet and Foodie like this.
  10. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah, they just had the one set at mine so it may really be a hit or miss sort of thing. :smirk:

11. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

Yeah....I'm glad that I didn't drive 20-25 minutes to the nearest location to only find out that they didn't have any left lol.

Foodie likes this.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

sooo...any word if wave 4 is coming out for the holidays?

13. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

Diamond posted a revised shipping calendar on their Facebook page on October 24th which no longer included the Muppets at all. I commented and asked if that meant that the Muppets line had been cancelled and they responded, "Working on an alternate form of distribution." So I would say that a holiday release may be out, but all hope is not yet lost?

ryan19, muppetlover123 and jvcarroll like this.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I swear we as Muppet fans get screwed in merchandising every time:( Tho Palisades did go on for a number of waves and then even extended into digital exclusive waves. But Im seeing Diamond selects big Kingdom Hearts line everywhere in stores and their other lines...I kinda felt the Muppet line was too good to be true.

However, I freaking love the heck out of the three waves we did get :)
    I just wanted to complete the Electric Mayhem

15. Hartley

Hartley Member

What are "digital exclusive waves"?

16. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

On line retailer exclusives.

17. muppetperson

Sadly, I think the line is done, leaving an even 3 series of MiniMates and Select figures.

18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

By 2005, 3 years into the Palisades Muppet line they soon switched to online store exclusives and comic convention exclusives. I remember Sweetums(which was the size of a Mega), two Penguins and Uncle Deadly were done in this manner. Palisades even had the Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street license, but only Super Grover was ever officially made and released around that time.

19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Such a bummer. I wonder if it was only due to lack of sales? Again, $25 is a lot to ask for people, tho not sure how robust the $13 Toys R Us versions were able to sell.

I know Id be willing to pay whatever tho if they could even make a limited version of wave 4 as an exclusive online retail thing.

20. muppetperson

You would think that there wouldn't be a distribution problem, in that DST/Previews are distributers themselves to Comic Book outlets and Majors. They lost TRU and now it appears that they don't have enough interest from Minors, like Comic Book outlets.