1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Maybe Disney could help their Licensee by selling the figures at Disney Parks and Disney shopping on line.:wisdom:

pjtoadie likes this.
  2. LipsGF4Life

LipsGF4Life Well-Known Member

I actually just collected the entire Electric Mayhem in minimates!!

:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

3. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

4. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Well-Known Member

LStein likes this.
  5. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Ouch.. not even getting the whole Electric Mayhem out :(

I thought some of these looked cool, but it was never anything I felt I HAD to get.. for several reasons. I have a (for the most part) complete Palisades collection, and also trying to be more responsible with money... and of course trying to reduce clutter and I don’t even have space for them.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

The best thing we got out of this line was Statler & Waldorf WITH their balcony

jvcarroll and Blue Frackle like this.
  7. floydnjanicefan

LStein likes this.
  8. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Well-Known Member

Got a pre order cancellation email today :sympathy: I'm not completely giving up though

9. floydnjanicefan

I haven't gotten my notice, but it sells cancelled on Entertainment Earth, too. I also don't want to give up hope. I have emailed Diamond to see if they are still planning an alternative method of distribution such as direct-selling. Will let you all know if they respond.

ryan19 likes this.
  10. floydnjanicefan

They have responded saying that they are still looking into alternative methods of distribution. I asked what we fans can do at this time and they said nothing at the moment, but they will put out a call for support at some point in the future, and we can respond then. So everyone be on the lookout and keep your fingers crossed!

muppetlover123, ryan19 and LStein like this.
  11. Rtec1

Rtec1 Well-Known Member

Maybe if they weren’t so half arsed about getting each series out there would of been more interest I’m guessing???
    Way too long a wait between waves which I’m positive wouldve had an impact. I got so bored of waiting I’d given up hope. Let down by Diamond Select to be honest, if I new we weren’t going to get all four waves as promised, and even worse that we can’t complete the Electric Mayhem I wouldn’t have bothered from the start and would’ve kept my Palisades!

LStein likes this.
  12. BobbyBenson64

Hey everyone the lines not dead!!!

LStein and jvcarroll like this.
  13. BobbyBenson64

:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Hopefully the rest of the line sees the same fait

LStein, jvcarroll and muppetperson like this.
  14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Hey Hey, The Swedish Chef at least will be made, around the fourth quarter. I just got a pre order through BDTS.

LStein likes this.
  15. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

LStein likes this.
  16. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

jvcarroll and LStein like this.
  17. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Guys, the Swedish Chef will be being made incase you didn't hear.:D :hungry:

18. DSTZach

DSTZach Active Member

Hey, everyone, yes, we are offering Chef as a single Select figure to try to roll these out one at a time. If orders are strong for Chef, I imagine we will move forward with another Muppet after that. So I encourage everyone to pre-order.

Currently, it appears only BBTS has the listing up, but more retailers should follow (hopefully!). I'll probably get it up on our web store (diamondselecttoys.com) once everything is in order, we are very interested in getting this series out.

Hopefully everyone thinks getting Series 4 is worth the investment of a $25 pre-order for each figure, even if this is the last series. (Although who knows, if each figure is a success, anything is possible. We have a couple of lines where we rolll out one figure at a time that have been going for years.)

19. DSTZach

DSTZach Active Member

I'm sorry if I came across as thin-skinned and defensive at any point, I'm not sure what this is in reference to, but it was certainly not my intention. Aside from a couple of engineering missteps like the drums, I think the quality on these figures is quite high.

floydnjanicefan and Blue Frackle like this.
  20. DSTZach

DSTZach Active Member

That is exactly the problem, Diamond Previews can distribute, but they did not gather enough orders for the CASE ASSORTMENT (6 figures), and without Toys"R"US, the numbers were too low to realistically produce. $150 is a big investment, even at wholesale prices, so we are trying it with a single figure, which stores can order any number of. You can even order it through your local comic shop to (most likely) save on shipping. Find a store at comicshoplocator.com