1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Since their is 24 characters plan here some ideas for accessories.
    Kermit with coffee mug, banjo, prop crate, & Robin
    Piggy with handbag, feather boa, & Foo-Foo
    Fozzie with comedy glasses, rubber chicken, & microphone
    Scooter with clipboard, megaphone, & headset
    Gonzo with horn, plunger, & Camila
    Swedish Chef with knife, spoon, & pot
    Statler & Waldorf with chairs, playbills, & veggies
    Bunsen & Beaker with test tubes, table, & notebook
    Pepe with magazine, tropical drink, & cellphone
    Rizzo with cheese, pizza, root beer, & trash can
    Rowlf with piano & candelabra
    Sam with podium, clipboard, & quil
    Lew with fishes, bucket, & penguin
    Walter with lunchbox, backpack, & autograph picture of Kermit
    Bobo with lunchbox, desk, & clipboard
    Animal with drums & drumstick
    Floyd with guitar & speaker
    Dr. Teeth with keyboard & script
    Janice with guitar & magazine
    Zoot with saxophone & stool

Waiter Grover and LaRanaRene like this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering these are supposed to be blocky, the only one I don't like is Piggy. Almost wish the snout was just tampo-printed on instead of sculpted.

LaRanaRene and jvcarroll like this.
  3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the figures. Mini mates are cool enough, I've picked up a few over the years, but wasn't quite able to keep them.

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully we'll get some news either tonight or this week given that SDCCI 2015 Preview Night is today, with the con kicking in earnest tomorrow. :)

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  5. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bunsen and Beaker are now Minimates figures. Not sure if they are added to the wave 1 line, because the Chef seems to be missing from this picture.
    [​IMG]
    They will also have and alternate burnt version, much like the Swedish Chef.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will not be seeing any previews of the Muppets Select figures

6. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I heard, that a preview of select figures will be on Sunday.

Waiter Grover and Muppetboy09 like this.
  7. Muppetboy09

Awesome! Also, looks like Bunsen and Beaker will be in wave 2, as wave 1 is on sale...for the low price of $120...Yikes! Looks like I will have to pass on these figures

8. Drtooth

Sounds like that's some collector's website preorder price. They'll probably be like 10-15 bucks a set (at worst) at comic book stores.

jvcarroll likes this.
  9. Muppetboy09

The whole wave on Diamond Selects website is $120

10. The Count

Yeah... The entire wave, dunno if it's the Minimates or the DST lineup for $120 at Diamond Select's website is a legit quote. I've seen past exclusive figure sets like the 7th Kingdom figures from the Four Horsemen sold altogether as a case for $225 in past years.
    Waiting to hear more news on the DST full-scale Muppet line though.

11. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The box they advertise probably contains three sets of the figures.
    So let's see. That's 4 buddy packs at an estimated SRP of about $9.99 each = $39.96. Seeing that $119.88 is the total, that makes exactly 12 total packs. Makes perfect sense. ;)

So basically, each series will cost under $40. Don't worry. :cool:

The Count likes this.
  12. The Count

To quote Miss Shapen from the Neitherworld Kindergarten... "That's so perfectly illogical, its... Logical!"
    Good math there Jamie. :batty:

jvcarroll likes this.
  13. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Just thought i'd say Diamond Select Toys is doing a panel today from 3.00pm to 4.00pm PDT. They will be talking about their products including Ghostbusters, The Walking Dead, etc but most importantly Muppets. The best sites i'd say to check would be TheFwoosh or Toyark whos coverage of the con has been great so hopefully they'd have someone at the panel for live updates and hopefully pictures of the figures in the Diamond Select booth after the panel here's hoping.

atrane likes this.
  14. Muppetboy09

So, Diamond Select is making Muppet glasses as well, it appears.
    [​IMG]

And, unfortunately, it looks like we will not see any previews of the figures which are slated for 2016 release :(

jvcarroll likes this.
  15. jvcarroll

It seems the only thing they announced about the regular figures is that they'd be approximately 7" scale. If the median-sized Muppet between small and large (Sweetums and monsters exempt) is Scooter and Palisades' Scooter is just under 6", that means the characters are likely to be about one inch larger than Palisades Toys. At least, that's my theory. I know nothing about the actual size.

The Count and Muppetboy09 like this.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It had already been announced awhile ago that they would be in scale with 7" figures from Diamond. Meaning that most would be smaller than 7", but any celebrity figures released by Diamond could be used as guest stars for the Muppets and be in scale.

jvcarroll likes this.
  17. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I have to say, I'm definitely picking up that Electric Mayhem glass.

Still I was hoping there would be more information on the actual action figures. The mini mates are nice, but I, for one, am far more interested in figures. I honestly thought we would never see Muppet action figures after Palisades. I thought we were lucky for the Disney PVC figures.

jvcarroll likes this.
  18. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

The glasses are OK I guess, but they would be more exciting to use the logos more related. For example, make the Pigs in Space logo as a patch, like it was on the outfit, put the Muppet Show logo on a mini backing board so it is like Set scenery, maybe put Muppet Labs on a test tube and Dr Teeth on a mini drum set !

19. jvcarroll

Maybe that's the indicator that we'll see the regular figures after Christmas? I hope they come sooner. There are other conventions this year. Let's hope. :news:

I really can't imagine test tubes, mini drum sets or very large signs being big sellers like beer glasses would be. The patches, however, that's something they should have done a long time ago. I'm right with you on that. :confused::eek:

Licensing doesn't necessarily work the say you've described. Diamond Select would first have to be in the business of selling such items. I doubt they've made test tubes or mini drum sets before. :halo:

On another note, I think a neon mayhem sigh would be awesome. I doubt there would be enough retail interest to justify it, but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness! :D

20. Drtooth

That's awesome. I can't wait to get a set of those. Why I can fel them in my hand right now, about to carry it over to the counter to fill it up with a nice drink and...

...oops...

{CRASH!!! Tinkle tinkle}

Aw, heck. That's why I buy those cheap plastic tumblers at Target instead. &^%^$ :sigh:

muppetperson and The Count like this.