1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rowlfy662, Feb 16, 2015.

1. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

While i am sad we didn't get to see the figures to put a positive spin they might be taking there time to make the best and i think we will see before the end of the year (NYCC maybe?).

But i must say those glasses look amazing especially the Muppet Show and Electric Mayhem they will definitely be bought

jvcarroll likes this.
  2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

It is my prediction that these will be awesome and filled with awesomeness. ;)

3. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Jamie, I get the feeling you know more than the rest of us. Any inside info?

4. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I got nothin. I just think they're probably saving the really good stuff for later. :cool:

Their other non-muppety offerings looked pretty good to me. Add Muppets to the equation and magic happens. :)

5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Okay take this as you will. I'm on the old Twitter and usually I just do reply to people on and do silly jokes. On Sunday I did a tweet mentioning the lack of pictures of the figures more as a joke and wasn't expecting a reply. However I just went on today and a notification is there so I see what it is and to my suprise it's a reply from Diamond Select with these words. "perhaps next month!" Hmmmmm I'm not going to look to deeply into it but still interesting enough to share with you all.

los, Muppetboy09 and jvcarroll like this.
  6. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Any new updates to the Muppet line.

Waiter Grover likes this.
  7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I'd expect to see more news about the action figure line at D23 when that rolls around (hint: D23 starts tomorrow)

jvcarroll likes this.
  8. MuppetSpot

Let's hope they do show some information about the new line

Waiter Grover and jvcarroll like this.
  9. DSTZach

DSTZach Member

Hi, all, I'm DSTZach from DST. sorry I was not able to post sooner, my account was being approved. We did not attend D23, but we will be at NYCC in October, and hopefully we'll have the action figure prototypes there.

Re: Minimates. Bunsen and Beaker (and their Lab Accident counterparts) will be in Series 1, but exclusively at Toys"R"Us (North America), along with Kermit/Piggy and Fozzie/Scooter. Gonzo and Swedish Chef (and their Stunt/Batter Damaged variants) will be exclusive to comic shops and specialty stores.

SRP for a two-pack of Minimates is $9.99, so the $119.88 price on our site is a case of 12 (4 Kermit/Piggy, 4 Fozzie/Scooter, 2 Gonzo/Chef, 2 Stunt/Batter). We only sell them in case assortments, because we don't usually maintain inventory of individual two-packs in our warehouse. Individual two-packs or sets you can get at your local comic shop (comicshoplocator.com) or another online retailer, like lukestoystore.com (they specialize in Minimates).

10. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the update! Cannot wait t see the Action Figure prototypes! Are you allowed to say how many will be on display? :o

11. DSTZach

DSTZach Member

Not a question of allowed, I have no idea what will be ready or on display. They're being finalized now, and may be done by then, and in Diamond Comics' Previews catalog shortly after. If so, it will likely be all of Series 1, which is three two-packs.

12. Jedi Kitty

Jedi Kitty New Member

Yay ! Glad to hear about Swedish Chef. Definitely will be keeping my eye out for this. Thanks so much for the info ! :hungry:

13. MuppetSpot

What are some plans from accessories?

14. DSTZach

DSTZach Member

For Minimates, or action figures?

Both will have some, and I think we've shown some of the Minimates ones, like a rubber chicken, a beaker, a pot, Camilla, Robin, a spoon, etc. I thnk Camilla fits in the pot.

The figures will have some, as well, not sure what's final.

Jedi Kitty likes this.
  15. MuppetSpot

So I can guess Fozzie will have a rubber chicken, B&B will have a beaker, Chef will have a pot & spoon, Gonzo will have Camilla, & Kermit will have Robin.

A one more question.
    Any other plans for accessories for both Minimates & AF?

16. DSTZach

DSTZach Member

All I know is what is in these pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not sure how final these are, but I believe they will all make the cut. There may be more we haven't seen, but you have infinite accessories if you factor in the preceding 13 years of Minimates and the stuff they come with (they're all compatible). The parts will be interchangeable, as well.

I don't know how much else I can tell you. Like I said, action figures are still being finalized. But they will have some accessories.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Jedi Kitty and MuppetSpot like this.
  17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Here's a question that I doubt is a problem to answer: Back when Palisades produced Muppet figures, originally the line was exclusive to characters, accessories, variants, and playsets from The Muppet Show, with other projects (like the movies) not allowed (though they were allowed to have the Muppet Labs playset resemble the set from Muppet Vision 3D), but after series 1 the line was extended to allow characters and things that appeared in the movies and Muppets Tonight.

So my question is, is The Muppet Show the only Muppet production included in this line, or can it includes characters and variants and such from the movies, specials, MuppeTelevison (the first half of The Jim Henson Hour), Muppets Tonight, and The Muppets (the new series)?

18. DSTZach

DSTZach Member

Heh heh, a question about the terms of our license is a lot harder to answer than whether Swedish Chef comes with a spoon. I honestly do not know, I'd say ask the president via ASK DST, but he recently declined to answer: http://www.artasylum.com/2015/08/ask-dst-286-muppets-mad-max-the-matrix-and-more/
    I guess we'll see how the first few decidedly Muppet-Show-based waves do.

19. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Sorry if you can't answer this (or already have), but would you say that you are aiming for the Action figures to be released early 2016? Sooner?

20. DSTZach

DSTZach Member

Minimates by end of year, I believe, but AF will most likely be early 2016. We have not solicited them to retailers yet, and there is an order-gathering period before manufacturing.

Muppy likes this.