Dick Vosburgh

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I know the recent death of the lyricist and writer Dick Vosburgh doesn't have much to do with The Muppets. (Although, thanks to his work with the Discovering Lost Musicals Charitable Trust, he did managed to get himself mentioned in one of the Tibby's Bowl/Muppet Central Interviews) But I thought I would share a memory of observing him at a Lost Musicals show, playing a little practical joke on a cast member. The show was the finale of their 1996 season, Panama Hattie, and it was the last performance. On entering the auditorium, I noticed Dick Vosburgh was sprawled across the stage, fiddling around under on the the seats on the stage. When the cast came on stage and took their seats it soon became apparent what he had done. The leading lady (Louise Gold - they had to have the "English Ethel Merman" for that show) went to get a drink of water, but couldn't find her water glass, after scrabbling around for a moment or two she rather sheepishly reached across to her neighbour's seat, that had two water glasses under it. - Clearly that's what Dick Vosburgh had been doing just before the cast entered, moving one of the water glasses.