Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

Movies205

Reaction score
I got Muppet Movie for christmas and I haven't seen it in a while so I pop it in and it instanly rekindle my love for the muppets but every part with Miss Piggy made me want to jump up and strangle her. Kermit the Frog should have kick her fat-*** out to the curb.

Gonzo

Reaction score
You certainly have violent feelings towards my piece of sweet bacon.

I thought she was great in The Muppet Movie, but even better (of course) in The Great Muppet Caper, which was very Piggycentric. She had some great lines, and was completely in character in The Muppet Movie. Not to mention her berry nice song "Never Before, Never Again."

If you don't like here there...do you like her at all? Of course it's fine if you don't, but....she's an awfully big part of the Muppets...

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
Oh, when I see Miss Piggy in those new Muppetisms, or on the talk shows, Dennys commercials, Weezer, etc...I keep thinking 'man, she looks better than ever!'

I hate to say, when I look back at early TMS season Piggy, the Frawley Screen test, etc...Piggy looks rather grotesque, like something out of Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles. I hate saying that...as around TMTM she finally got her more modern look and hasnt looked back since. Go to Palisade's Muppet site, as they have a newer picture of her...she looks great! And is flipping us all off, wheee! hehe

But to hate the pig? Ack! Yes I think she looked attrocious in the 70's, but thats just because they were experimenting with styles.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I think she looked her best in The Great Muppet Caper, and her worst in The Muppets Take Manhattan. Pigs and Perms should NEVER mix.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I think she looked her best in The Great Muppet Caper, and her worst in The Muppets Take Manhattan. Pigs and Perms should NEVER mix.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Not to sure she looked good juxtaposed against the backdrop of bourgious high society fashion faux paus early 80's London:wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
She looked a heckuva lot hotter than any other woman in that flick...except perhaps Diana Rigg, who's always been a hottie. But the three flatchested henchwomen of flowered sock man? Come on, Cory.....

Quinnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like Piggy from the Muppet Show (she had so many looks), but Great Muppet Caper Miss Piggy is my favorite look. She really was only grotesque in the first Muppet Show season and hit her prime by the third season.

I'm so glad someone else hated that Manhattan perm too. You know, I think that knocks half a star of the picture for me. LOL!

I think Piggy looks best in the new Christmas special (except as the homely cat lady, of course). Just something classic about her look. But was anyone else disturbed by the missing (or tucked?) right ear when she wore the hat in the Moulin Scrooge number? I almost added it for the menu.

After Manhattan, Piggy started looking rather matronly. Remember the 1993 trading cards? She looked like a 40something friend of Barbara Bush. :eek: (Nothing against the former first lady. She's just not the cutting edge diva that Piggy should be). I don't know why that happened. Her short straight platinum bob doesn't help much. It's a nice look, but she was trapped in it for too long. She broke out of it a little in Muppets Tonight.

I just most like the pig with long hair with a bit of curl in it. Don't ask me why. :confused: :big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I always thought that when Piggy's ear was missing that it was just tucked under the hat...but there was a Today Show appearance in 2000 where she had no ears whatsoever....that was bizarre!

Quinnnnnnnnnn