1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Movies205, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Lol, sorry...but the obviousness of it just makes me laugh. :D

'sides, he fawns over a PIG! LOL!
  2. beaker Well-Known Member

Well, I will say Charles Grodin redeems himself in the great Muppets @WDW special. But man, every time Grodin has screen time it's like a trip to the dentist...probably the same feeling some folks get from reading my posts! Doh! I think Im on a roll.
  3. murgatoad New Member

My, my, have female issues much? ;) Why is it that some men react with such fear and antagonism to strong female characters? Is this normal? And if so, why don't I have this problem? ;)

Due to lousy writing and occasional below-par performances by Frank Oz, Miss Piggy has come off badly at times, but I can't think of anything the character has ever done to warrant such hositility. I suspect therapy might be in order for you, bud. :D
  4. murgatoad New Member

Riiiigght. Tell me...did you have a similar reaction when that girl in MTM got chummy with Kermit?

Sheesh. You speciesists DO make me tired. ;)
  5. murgatoad New Member

I don't think she's annoying at all in TMM. She's pretty terrific, in fact. However, in "The Muppets Take Manhattan", well, now you're talking. Frank Oz should have had HIS *ss kicked to the curb for deciding that turning Miss Piggy into a whiny stalker was funny. It was a terrible decision that didn't help the character - or movie - one iota. Of all the Jim Henson Muppet movies, it's the one I have yet to rewatch. There just ain't enough tea in China, kids...
  6. murgatoad New Member

The Piggy puppet used in GMC was one of the best. She looked terrific. But the fright wig in MTM was uncalled for IMO. One of the many ways La Pig was pretty much trashed in that film...
  7. murgatoad New Member

What happened was a lot of the original Muppet Show design staff was apparently let go after the show ended, and the resultant lack of design talent became most apparent with Piggy, since her look is so important to the character and because she's a lot more complex in design than the green sock with ping-pong ball eyes. You can lay the blame for her loss of glamour at the Henson's door (where they're likely to trip over it, since God forbid they should ever see that it's themselves they should look to for the cause of all their problems).

I agree that Piggy looks best with the long hair. Long blonde hair is a symbol of glamour and sexuality. Works for her. ;)
  8. WiGgY New Member

Piggy in MTM was just strange. She acted nuts! She wasn't a strong character at all. She was acting like some teenage girl over reacting when it comes to relationships. I suppose it makes some sense when you consider the Muppets were suppose to be right out of college but I found it weird. I still love the movie, just not the pig in the movie. In MCC and MTI Piggy looked her age. It was strange that she was one of the only muppets that seemed to age. I'm glad they updated Piggy. The muppets are like cartoons, they shouldn't look like they are aging.
  9. murgatoad New Member

Re: Re: Reply

Oh, please. Mokey looks like the result of a drunken orgy between a trout and a poodle. And Janice IMO looks an AWFUL lot like Lamb Chop, minus the nose. Bleh.
  10. beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Reply

LOL! Now Mokey and Janice are some of my fave Muppets ever, but just the way you said that was funny.

Anyways, so glad there are others on here to take some of the bad guy heat off me^_^

*the baddest Muppet fan outlaw in the west*

do do do do do, do do do(that was the theme to the good the bad and the ugly fyi)
  11. murgatoad New Member

There are some fun parts to GMC, but yeah, it's a letdown after the MM. For one thing, GMC is terribly self-conscious. It's like throughout the film all the characters are winking at the audience and saying "Aren't we clever?" Plus the story is weak. And on top of all that it started the trend of the Muppets playing characters other than themselves. This conceit that these puppets are just like real actors just doesn't work, especially on film. It's difficult to give a **** about them when you know they're not really in danger or whatever. And while I give Jim Henson full credit for his other talents, IMO he couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag. He had no sense of pace at all. Plus what's the deal with using the same bicycle trick he used in the first film? It wasn't even integral to the story. Bad bad decision. MHO.
  12. murgatoad New Member

Others have commented on Piggy looking older in recent years. Again, the culprit is lousy design on the part of Henson. Not that the dunderheads that work there ever noticed it...
  13. The Flying Sheep New Member

Re: Re: Re: Reply

Oh God. Don't let JandM's man here you say that.

Do you think you could refram from posting like ten posts in a row. It's sorta annoying.
  14. Re: Re: Re: Reply

Ummm, interesting. lol

Apparently you're in the minority though, from the results of polls and threads online. Lotsa Muppet guys think they are HOT. Sorry, but Janice looks nothin' like a sheep---the only similarity is they have eyelids with no eyes; and fraggles are (of course) unique creatures. I guess ya just don't see what we see.

And it's not only only their sensual Muppety looks---their personalities draw guys to 'em, too.

Now what're ya gonna do, insult those who fantasize about Miss Piggy? (Watch out, Quinn...)
  15. Thijs Member

In the time I had never seen an episode of TMShow, but only the three movies, I hated Miss. Piggy. But now I am finally watching TMS, I am beginning to love Miss Piggy, although she will never be one of my favourites.

In the movies she is just so...well...I don`t like her in the movies.
  16. Ryan New Member

I think, personally, Piggy looks horrible now. I mean, why do they slim her down for every photo and toy? It's ridiculous. Then they respond with: "Piggy's keeping up with the times". Being thin is keeping up with the times? C'mon, JHC!:mad:

I agree, Piggy looked best in the TMS years, and to be honest, I liked Miss Piggy (well everyone's) look in season one....maybe I just like the nostalgic look of the early shows.
  17. beaker Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. To me GMC is down there with MTI and Elmo in Grouchland when it comes to my enjoyability. However, would have to strongly disagree with your other comments.

You know, while I didnt care for The Score too much...I will have to say Frank Oz' directorial debut in TMTM still leaves me in awe.
    I think people who loved the new mastercard commercial like it because of its kind of 'TMTM' part two feel, but more modern.
  18. CousinLuke New Member

OK, I'm going to try to comment on both the look of my favorite swine, GMC, and Janice.

First off, I think that Piggy looks best in the Disney movies and later. I also think she looks fine in GMC. She looks hideous in TMM and TMS early seasons. I personally don't like her thinner look.

On GMC, I think that after seeing the TV movie, the "human" focus of the movie is lost. At least the muppets apear in the scenes. In adition, I think that the film is, at least for me, like people say MFS is in my recent thread, the more I watch Caper, the more I like it. Certain jokes, like the twins joke,are not my favorite but it is still a funny, self-concious movie.

Finally, I don't compleatly see what it is about Janice that some people find so attractive. I guess it is like how I feel when Kermit falls deepley in love with Piggy in TMM and GMC. Don't get me wrong, she is a good character, but not the best.
  19. Re: Re: Re: Re: Reply

Oh...I see from above now that you're one o' the ones attracted to Piggy. Hmm.....guess this is what to expect from people who can't fully appreciate GMC. :p
  20. Re: Re: Re: Re: Reply

Funny how double posts happen...lol...