Did anyone else wish that Miss. Piggy was cut out of Muppet Movie?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Lol, sorry...but the obviousness of it just makes me laugh. :big_grin:

'sides, he fawns over a PIG! LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

Well, I will say Charles Grodin redeems himself in the great Muppets @WDW special. But man, every time Grodin has screen time it's like a trip to the dentist...probably the same feeling some folks get from reading my posts! Doh! I think Im on a roll.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
I got Muppet Movie for christmas and I haven't seen it in a while so I pop it in and it instanly rekindle my love for the muppets but every part with Miss Piggy made me want to jump up and strangle her. Kermit the Frog should have kick her fat-*** out to the curb.
My, my, have female issues much? :wink: Why is it that some men react with such fear and antagonism to strong female characters? Is this normal? And if so, why don't I have this problem? :wink:

Due to lousy writing and occasional below-par performances by Frank Oz, Miss Piggy has come off badly at times, but I can't think of anything the character has ever done to warrant such hositility. I suspect therapy might be in order for you, bud. :big_grin:

murgatoad

Reaction score

Riiiigght. Tell me...did you have a similar reaction when that girl in MTM got chummy with Kermit?

Sheesh. You speciesists DO make me tired. :wink:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
I LOVe the muppet movie and have no problem wiht any of the looks of the muppets, I think they look awesome. I just think at times they over did Miss Piggy and made her very annoying. In all the other muppet movies she not as over done and is great. In Muupet Movie she just over done and very annoying... IMO
I don't think she's annoying at all in TMM. She's pretty terrific, in fact. However, in "The Muppets Take Manhattan", well, now you're talking. Frank Oz should have had HIS *ss kicked to the curb for deciding that turning Miss Piggy into a whiny stalker was funny. It was a terrible decision that didn't help the character - or movie - one iota. Of all the Jim Henson Muppet movies, it's the one I have yet to rewatch. There just ain't enough tea in China, kids...

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
She looked a heckuva lot hotter than any other woman in that flick...except perhaps Diana Rigg, who's always been a hottie. But the three flatchested henchwomen of flowered sock man? Come on, Cory.....

Quinnnnnnnnnn
The Piggy puppet used in GMC was one of the best. She looked terrific. But the fright wig in MTM was uncalled for IMO. One of the many ways La Pig was pretty much trashed in that film...

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I like Piggy from the Muppet Show (she had so many looks), but Great Muppet Caper Miss Piggy is my favorite look. She really was only grotesque in the first Muppet Show season and hit her prime by the third season.

I'm so glad someone else hated that Manhattan perm too. You know, I think that knocks half a star of the picture for me. LOL!

I think Piggy looks best in the new Christmas special (except as the homely cat lady, of course). Just something classic about her look. But was anyone else disturbed by the missing (or tucked?) right ear when she wore the hat in the Moulin Scrooge number? I almost added it for the menu.

After Manhattan, Piggy started looking rather matronly. Remember the 1993 trading cards? She looked like a 40something friend of Barbara Bush. :eek: (Nothing against the former first lady. She's just not the cutting edge diva that Piggy should be). I don't know why that happened. Her short straight platinum bob doesn't help much. It's a nice look, but she was trapped in it for too long. She broke out of it a little in Muppets Tonight.

I just most like the pig with long hair with a bit of curl in it. Don't ask me why. :confused: :big_grin:
What happened was a lot of the original Muppet Show design staff was apparently let go after the show ended, and the resultant lack of design talent became most apparent with Piggy, since her look is so important to the character and because she's a lot more complex in design than the green sock with ping-pong ball eyes. You can lay the blame for her loss of glamour at the Henson's door (where they're likely to trip over it, since God forbid they should ever see that it's themselves they should look to for the cause of all their problems).

I agree that Piggy looks best with the long hair. Long blonde hair is a symbol of glamour and sexuality. Works for her. :wink:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Piggy in MTM was just strange. She acted nuts! She wasn't a strong character at all. She was acting like some teenage girl over reacting when it comes to relationships. I suppose it makes some sense when you consider the Muppets were suppose to be right out of college but I found it weird. I still love the movie, just not the pig in the movie. In MCC and MTI Piggy looked her age. It was strange that she was one of the only muppets that seemed to age. I'm glad they updated Piggy. The muppets are like cartoons, they shouldn't look like they are aging.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Re: Reply

Third only to Mokey and Janice.

:stick_out_tongue:

:wink:
Oh, please. Mokey looks like the result of a drunken orgy between a trout and a poodle. And Janice IMO looks an AWFUL lot like Lamb Chop, minus the nose. Bleh.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Reply

Originally posted by murgatoad
Oh, please. Mokey looks like the result of a drunken orgy between a trout and a poodle. And Janice IMO looks an AWFUL lot like Lamb Chop, minus the nose. Bleh.
LOL! Now Mokey and Janice are some of my fave Muppets ever, but just the way you said that was funny.

Anyways, so glad there are others on here to take some of the bad guy heat off me^_^

*the baddest Muppet fan outlaw in the west*

do do do do do, do do do(that was the theme to the good the bad and the ugly fyi)