1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Did Big Bird Ever Fly

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by radionate, Aug 4, 2002.

1. radionate

radionate New Member

Ok, this has been a question that has plagued me for years, and I'm finally going to ask it. Did Big Bird ever fly? I swear up and down that one time, on some special when I was little (early 80's late 70's) that I saw Big Bird fly.

So, who knows the answer to this question?
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Nate,

Big Bird did fly in Follow That Bird , All the way to the Airport where the Dodo's met him.

Hehee !

See ya
  3. radionate

radionate New Member

Re: Nate,

And boy were his arms tired! (there's that great Brit Wit again! ;)
  4. SCOOTER_101

SCOOTER_101 New Member

In an episode from 1992 Bird and the bird kateers imagine what it would be like if they could fly, they don't actually show them flying, but they do show an overview of Sesame Street, and Big Bird talks about how small everything looks.
  5. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Big Bird and the rest of the Sesame Street Gang also flew to Hawaii. Mr. Snuffleupagus took a helecoptor...
  6. BiggNate

BiggNate New Member

Big Bird also flew on the Simpsons. :) He was going after Homer when he didn't pay his pledge to PBS. It was a great beginning to a great episode.

Nate
  7. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL!!! Are you serious??
  8. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

that episode was just on yesterday.it was HILARIOUS!! The teletubbies had lasers and Oscar,Zoe and Elmo were in a trash can
  9. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL!
  10. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Scooter, (since you know so much) was that song you're talking about originally part of a street plot? Because if it was, they did continue to use it as in insert. I think they used to do that quite often.
  11. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Big Bird also flew is Follow that Bird. He flew to Ocean View Illinois to live with the Dodo's.
  12. Natalie

Natalie New Member

Yeah, Jackie, already said. Also, i can't get over that "Oceanview" Illinois. sorry, i'm from IL as you can see. and sorry, i'm fairly new to this, so i don't mean to insult anybody or mess anything up if i do since i don't know you all that well yet.