Did Disney get Fraggle Rock?

Foodie

Reaction score
I just wanna be sure. I was checking " Though Pigs " and they listed what all the Big D bought from Jim's kiddies and Fraggle Rock wasn't among them.

So, if Disney didn't get the fraggles, who's got their rights?

Nick :smirk:

Luke

Reaction score
They will stay with the Jim Henson Company !

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Foodie said:
I just wanna be sure. I was checking " Though Pigs " and they listed what all the Big D bought from Jim's kiddies and Fraggle Rock wasn't among them.

So, if Disney didn't get the fraggles, who's got their rights?

Nick :smirk:
Here is an e-mail I got from Henson!
Dear Tyler,

Thank you for your email about the recent agreement between The Jim Henson Company and The Walt Disney Company.

The combination of The Walt Disney Company and Jim Henson’s Muppets was Jim Henson’s and Michael Eisner’s dream when they first discussed it in 1989. We are thrilled that the classic Muppet characters have found their perfect and permanent home, where they will live on and receive the kind of distribution and marketing performance that a smaller company like ours could not provide.

The Walt Disney Company is the world’s premier family entertainment company, and we have every confidence that it will remain so. Having produced so many successful projects with us in the past [MuppetVision 3D, Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island and Bear in the Big Blue House among others], Disney is well aware of the unique nature of The Muppets and Bear and they will be wonderful stewards of these classic properties.

The Jim Henson Company retains The Creature Shops, as well as the rest of our program library [including Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Farscape, Storyteller, Fraggle Rock, The Hoobs, Construction Site and more]. We intend to be very active exploiting these properties and creating new ones.

Building the future for the newly reorganized Jim Henson Company, while helping Disney achieve long lasting greatness for the properties from our past, seems, as it did more than a decade ago when it was first proposed, like an ideal strategy.
Over the years, The Jim Henson Company's team of performers, producers, writers, and artists has worked to create productions and products that have attempted to make a difference in people’s lives. What we've produced has been achieved with integrity, creativity, and a respect for our audience and our history. We look forward to continuing this tradition. Thank you once again for your email and your interest.

Sincerely,
The Jim Henson Company