Did Frank Oz take over Jim Henson's characters?

King Jim

Reaction score
Was there any Muppets, That Frank Oz took over after Jim henson died? Besides Steve Whitmire for Kermit and Dave Golez for Waldorf.

Xerus

Reaction score
I don't think so, because Frank was too busy with his own projects and only did stuff with the Muppets on rare occasions.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
Was there any Muppets, That Frank Oz took over after Jim henson died? Besides Steve Whitmire for Kermit and Dave Golez for Waldorf.
No, I believe Frank had too many characters anyways to take on some of Jim's. I wonder if he could do someone like Dr. Teeth with the low raspy voice that is similar to some of Frank's characters.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Frank already had a lot of full time characters, 2 of which interacted with Kermit on a regular basis. That would be like Steve doing Rizzo and Gonzo, or Eric doing Piggy and Kermit. It just wouldn't work. Steve had like no characters and Dave really only had Gonzo. Frank had Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam, and others.

Question, why is it that Frank has 3 main characters on the Muppet Show and on Sesame Street? Piggy, Animal, Fozzie / Grover, Bert, Cookie. That's kind of weird. Even Jim Henson didn't have that many main characters.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
First,I can't imagine Frank 'taking over' for any puppeteer,when he has his own puppets & work to do. Second,if you recall, Jim did have lots of lead puppets.Maybe not on SS,but definately on TMS: Kermit,Swedish Chef,Dr. Teeth,Rowlf,Link Hogthrob... Finally, Frank can't really make his voice to sound like Jim's so to me that wouldn't work anyway.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
First,I can't imagine Frank 'taking over' for any puppeteer,when he has his own puppets & work to do. Second,if you recall, Jim did have lots of lead puppets.Maybe not on SS,but definately on TMS: Kermit,Swedish Chef,Dr. Teeth,Rowlf,Link Hogthrob... Finally, Frank can't really make his voice to sound like Jim's so to me that wouldn't work anyway.
I know Frank didn't have time to take on more characters, but we don't know if he could sound like Jim's characters or not. I bet he could get close to Dr. Teeth...but that's just a guess. :big_grin: