Did Frank voice this "Yoda?"

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

There's a new talking Yoda out with all the new Star Wars stuff in stores. You can see a picture of it here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../103-0204517-7290213?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

I was wondering if Frank Oz did the voice for this toy. The next time you go to a Wal-Mart, check it out. I haven't seen one of these Yodas personally, but there's (I'm sure) bigger Star Wars fans than me here at MC that would know more about them.

We all know Frank's busy with directing and whatnot and if it were a Sesame Street toy, it would be obvious that Eric would probably do the voice.

But with Yoda, I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if when Frank got done recording Yoda's lines for Episode III, Lucas said "Hey Frank, we got this talking Yoda doll coming out. If you stay another day we'll pay you X-amount of dollars to record the lines on tape."

Sometimes Lucas will remark about a toy he really likes. (A remote control R2 from the 70's comes to mind). This Yoda sounds like another one that really sounds impressive (Darth Vader voice) "Most impressive."

A friend of mine bought one for her son, and said that the face scrunches a little and the ears move. So, if you like Yoda, you might wanna pick this up.

But I wonder, did Frank voice this Yoda? You be the judge.

Convincing John

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
skeeter muppet, if u r looking PLEASE PM ME! I SENT U A PM AND IT HASNT BEEN ASWERED PLEASE!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Yes I plyed with it at the store the other day, Its is a REALLY nice toy very fun and nicly put together I think im gonna buy it some time would have yesterday but it was 30 bucks!....so I didnt get it but it is very nice and definetly voiced by Frank....cuz you know they can do the recordings for the toy at the same time as the movie....(the toy says over 500 phrases and tells stories from all 6 movies! how awesome is that?)