did Jim Henson ever perform a left hand?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Perhaps this doesn't count, but in the Muppet Show epsiode where the pigs take over the theater, The Swedish Pig takes over for the Swedish Chef. The pig's head is performed by Frank Oz, and it has been presumed (since they appear to be identical to Jim's) that the pig's hands are performed by Jim, switching roles from the Swedish Chef.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, Kevin Clash was talking about the 30th anniversary special. Clash never performed on The Muppet Show, and although he had met Jim Henson as early as 1979, and although he had occassionally hung out on the Sesame Street set before officially becomming a muppet performer, I doubt that Clash would have gone all the way to England to hang out on The Muppet Show set.
Well Karen did, but she has just joined the company and boned with in her first season of Sesame Street witch was most likely her last with the character Dina monster. But Jim still saw potential in her and brought her over to England with the group after the filming season to be on the Muppet show. It can be tough to develop a character with so little time and at such a fast pace. If she had more time she probably could have done it, but that's not always the case with SS. But She said that she just couldn't wrap her mind around the character I think. But I think Kevin was just a freelance performer who did the show in his free time when ever he could help out at that time. Probably a lot of back round things, not major characters like Dina Monster.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I realised that I made an error. I asked if Jim Henson ever performed any left hands, but I should have asked if he'd ever performed any right hands. Dang it!