Did Jim prefer glove puppets?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because it seems like throughout the years, he's mostly performed glove puppets. (i.e. Ernie, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, etc).

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
The reason I ask is because it seems like throughout the years, he's mostly performed glove puppets. (i.e. Ernie, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, etc).
in a iterview he often stated that he didnt like to pick a favorite character , but that kermit was his prefered puppet because he was the lightest one to work, ernie isnt a very light puppet he is much larger than kermit, as is rowlf, and the swedish chef , but i do not think u could say he had a favorite since he is known to have worked many different puppets over the years , those just happen to be very well know

BEAR

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
in a iterview he often stated that he didnt like to pick a favorite character , but that kermit was his prefered puppet because he was the lightest one to work, ernie isnt a very light puppet he is much larger than kermit, as is rowlf, and the swedish chef , but i do not think u could say he had a favorite since he is known to have worked many different puppets over the years , those just happen to be very well know
not necessarily well known but they are the most popular with the public. they carry the shows they belong to. Actually, i had heard that one of the ones he enjoyed doing the most is Link, and that even if he did like Dr. T a lot, it hurt his voice so he could only do a few short takes on him.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
not necessarily well known but they are the most popular with the public. they carry the shows they belong to. Actually, i had heard that one of the ones he enjoyed doing the most is Link, and that even if he did like Dr. T a lot, it hurt his voice so he could only do a few short takes on him.
Yep, as apart from Kermit, Link came most naturally to him. According to Brian Henson, Link's voice was used by Jim "when he had to do some stereotypical fatherly chore, like cutting the Thanksgiving turkey". And Link's always been my favorite Jim character, too.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I also read I think in Jim Henson the Works or in The Creature Shop Book, that Jim also loved to try new forms of puppetry and he reserved special projects for himself. When they were doing the Dark Crystal, Jim saved Jen for himself.

Ernie101

Reaction score
It's quite debatable really, you have a point in saying that he often worked with lighter puppets. As for me, i'm not sure. I'm just sitting here thinking about a great of a puppeteer Jim Henson was. Finding out new things about his work and his style is very interesting to me.