1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Did Milo counting go up to 20?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by milothenumbers, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I've heard from a few Youtube commenters that They saw Milo Counting go up to 20 but i've never seen it go up that high And another question What year was Milo counting Filmed it seems very clear to me that Milo counting was Fillmed in the late Late 1970s to Early early 1980s
    Can anyone confirm these two things?

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, they weren't made until the mid 90's.

3. ISNorden

ISNorden Well-Known Member

Yes, that film series did count all the way to 20; I've seen the whole thing in a couple of pre-season 32 episodes with 20 as a sponsor. (Thank heaven for Sprout On Demand!)

4. Dantecat

Dantecat Well-Known Member

Which episodes #'s are they from?

5. ISNorden

ISNorden Well-Known Member

Don't recall the exact numbers offhand, but they were in the mid to late 3900s (the range Sprout on Demand is showing lately).

6. ssetta

ssetta Well-Known Member

No, this film series never counted to 20. It was made in Season 28 (1996-97), and the highest it ranged from number 7 to 13.

7. Fozzieboba

Fozzieboba Active Member

There's a theory about him counting up to 14. Did he ever go up to 14?

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Milo died when he got up to 13, because 13 is an unlucky number.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

My childhood is a lie.

10. D'Snowth

The cake is a lie.

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Looking at the Milo Counting page on Muppet Wiki, after every episode past season 20 has a page and most of those episodes have complete guides, I see that there was never a higher number than 13. I'm also surprised to see that there was no 10 segment, when all other numbers between 7 and 13 got a segment.

Of course that doesn't mean there weren't any that never aired on television.

12. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've heard someone say that.

13. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Considering an above post mentions that Sprout showed a 20 segment for Milo..... I'm wondering if maybe this is a case of the full clip not ever being aired on the show in PBS, but was shown on Sprout as a replacement for another segment?

14. D'Snowth

All your base are belong to us!

ConsummateVs likes this.
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I also know that some episodes from seasons 29-32 or so had PBS reruns that replaced certain segments, with some segments only airing as part of the rerun versions and never in a true original version of an episode.