Did Noel MacNeal ever work on SST?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
The only context in which I've heard Noel MacNeal's name mentioned is Bear in the Big Blue House, but there are two instances from Sesame Street where I thought I heard a Bear-type voice. One is the bass voice in Counting the Days from one of the Christmas albums, and the other was in the song Cooperation. Is this my imagination? I admit I know very little about his career... I figure that maybe, like Dave Goelz, he may have done some breif and/or background work on SS, even though that's not what he's known for.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Noel did perform a character on Sesame. He was the voice of Gretel in the Season 36 and 37 Storybook Community School episodes.
Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually... Noel did perform a character on Sesame. He was the voice of Gretel in the Season 36 and 37 Storybook Community School episodes.
Hope this helps.
Not to mention there was that episode in Season 36 where Big Bad Wolf wanted to take a vacation, and was training Elmo, Zoe, and Telly to see who would be best suited to fill his spot; Noel was one of the Three Little Pigs in that episode, if I recall correctly.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
He has also performed Mother Snuffleupagus, and performed a character in the Monsterpiece Theater segment The Postman Always Rings Twice.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone!
:smile: I actually have the Storybook School songs, as well as The Postman Always Rings Twice; I'll have to go back and relisten to them to get a better feel for his voice.

BEAR

Reaction score
I also remember him performing the umbrella salesman in the Count's song "One Potato".

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I also remember him performing the umbrella salesman in the Count's song "One Potato".
Nope. That was Jeff Moss on the album version, and Richard Hunt in the TV version.

BEAR

Reaction score
Nope. That was Jeff Moss on the album version, and Richard Hunt in the TV version.
Really? Could have sworn it sounded like one of Noel's characters. My mistake!