Diet Time. Oy!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Way to go, Scoot!!!! I know how you feel. I've let myself get kinda out of shape this past winter, and I'm trying to get back in shape, hopefully, by June.
One of MY biggest problems always involved my self-image. You see, my big sister has a MUCH faster metabolisam than me, and she eats like a horse, but is as skinny as a toothpick. I know we're made up of two completely different body types, but I can't help comparing myself to my tall & thin sister. A few years ago, I lost ALOT of weight, but was heartbroken when I tried to borrow one of my sister's skirts and found out it still didn't fit. It took me a few years to finally figure out I'm never gonna look like my sister. I'm not built that way. I'm short and squat and that's the way I am! (Of course, my sister always likes to point out that I'm a bit more.....umm...."full-figured" than her in some areas, which SHE had image troubles with for a while, too! Which REALLY suprised me when I heard that, lemme tell ya!)
ANYHOO, whatever your body type, be happy with yourself. And don't try to make yourself into anything you're not, just because that's the way you feel you "should" be. I was in GREAT shape last summer, and I STILL couldn't fit into my one of my sister's skirts! (It had gotten too short for her!) Not everybody's meant to be a size 2....So, don't be dissapointed w/yourself, if, even after all that dieting and exercise, you're STILL not a size 2!!! (Like *I* was.) Not everybody's gonna look like that. Took me awhile to figure that out.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Me and my older brother are the same way! He's tall and skinny, I'm short and fat! Not tha you're fat or anything, but, uh... Hey, forgboy! Why didn't you make us a foot-in-mouth smiley???

Hehe! My brother can eat anything, and not gain a pound. He's got the fast metabolism, I'm the one with the metabolism problems. This is no excuse, but I've got hypothyroidism. And incase you're wondering, I have no idea what that means. It just makes my metabolism even slower! And I gotta take pills for it. But, one advantage from that is I never have to worry about being drafted!

I know I'll never look like my brother, probably will never be as popular as him either, but, I'd like to get down to a weight where I could technically be considered "healthy."

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:embarrassed: I edited my forst post onn here at the same you were answering it, Scoot! ....Oh, well! :mad: FAT, you say?!?! Just kidding! :wink: I'm not upset w/you!

.....The thing is, don't compare yourself w/your brother! You're two totally different people! (Heck, my sister always points that I'm more...."full-figured" than her in...certain areas, and it's always driven her crazy!!! I had NO IDEA she felt like that until she told me!!! I never thought she had ANY reason to dislke her looks!!!) You are the way you are, and he is the way he is. (As Pete from MTM would say, "Peoples is peoples.") It doesn't do you any good comparing, only makes you feel worse! Getting healthy is GREAT!!! It's AWESOME!!! I'm just saying you may never get down to, say, a 5-inch waist, and what's important is that you're healthy, and happy with who you are and the way you look!

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
As Pete from MTM would say, "Peoples is peoples"
You are absolutely right! My brother is a beanpole and 6 ft tall, my sister is 5'2" & tiny. I, however, am 5'2" and NOT. However, I have more up top than she does and it drives her nuts. :crazy:

I have never really compared myself to her, only because we are four year apart (I'm older) and up until now, haven't hung out together. We are very similar in personality :halo: and have fun.

Like Jackie said, you have to want to lose the weight for yourself. I need to be able to keep up with them:

(if that worked, you should see a picture of my girls:wink: )

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
All 3 of your daughters are so pretty! They must have a pretty mom to get good genes like that. ~_^

You seem so proud of your daughters. You're definitely blessed to have all of them.

^_^ Debo

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
All 3 of your daughters are so pretty! They must have a pretty mom to get good genes like that. ~_^
You seem so proud of your daughters. You're definitely blessed to have all of them.
^_^ Debo
They are my pride and joy :excited: They, do, however tend to drive me :crazy: ! They are all so different, life is never dull. Right now my goal is to be able to go roller skating with them on Friday nights with out killing myself (I could go now, but I have weak ankles and would have a better chance of staying upright 30 pounds from now:wink: )

Deb:flirt:

ps, the one in the middle (I've been told) is the spitting image of me.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey i got a suggestion. about 4 years ago, i went down to texas a&m univeristy to look around and for some reason when i left that school, i wanted to lose weight. so i started to run. at first, i could only do like maybe 1/4 of a mile with a few stops. then 1/2 a mile with a stop or 2. now i can run like 8 miles with no problems. i might stop for a minute half way, but that is 8 miles and that is a pretty freakin long run! but there are sometimes where i don't stop at all. all of that helped me like shed off 50 pounds or so. but i still like to pig out on junk food! haha...

anyways, that maybe a better solution that just walking 3 miles a day.....

jackie, i found that the more you put into when you work out, you'll be hungry afterwards...one time i ran like 12 miles and i was so hungry, so i made me some turkey sandwitches and ate some fruit...good stuff..my legs hurt the next day though..i couldn't move!!!!

ryan