Different Frank Oz signatures

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was searching for Frank Oz signatures on ebay, and was astounded that almost every one was completely different. Are there a lot of forgeries or Does Frank sign his name differently each time? I know signatures can very slightly, but I am talking about totally different F and Oz styles and sometimes his name is all merged in one word and other times each part is on a different line.Sometimes the F loops and sometimes it is a back to front F.Then the Oz varies.Sometimes it is a big O with a squiggly z inside.Sometimes there is a tail on the O, and the tail is done in different ways as well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, you are right, and none of the ones I saw match the one on my letter from him...suspicious. Mayhaps he uses his minions to sign his fan-mail?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Here are the first four autograph's of Franks I found on E-bay and lifted from photos of Yoda. I'm no handwriting expert, so this is just my opinion, I do see that the "F" changes, but the "Oz" looks pretty similar in all of them.

There's guaranteed to be forgeries all over as well, but for the most part, I think these look similar.

muppetperson

Reaction score
They are different to me, especially the "z" ending.Thanks for puting the autographs all together for easier comparison.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I know my autograph...erm..signiture changes day to day, so there's no reason why his shouldn't I guess. And I do see the similarity, I guess he just decides sometimes to put the z in the O, and sometimes doesn't. Mine (from Oz) was very similar to the one of the left in the second row also.