Dil's TMS Script w/ Ed Sullivan

D

Dil

The Muppets worked several times in the Ed Sullivan Show. In fact, Ed Sullivan once did an appearance in The Great Santa Claus Switch.

NOTES: Unfortunaly Ed Sullivan passed away in 1974, so this is just a fan-fiction. In fact, which is also why it's just a fan fiction, is that there's a song that had been made in the 90's. The Muppet Show canceled in the 80's.

"It's The Muppet Show with our very special guest star, Mr. Ed Sullivan! Yea!"

STYLE: Early Season Three (circa Pearl Bailey, Jean Stapelton)

DESCRIPTION: The theater turns into some Christmas style.

BRIAN HENSON'S INTRO:
"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. Ed Sullivan is the guest in this episode of The Muppet Show. Here, Ed & the Muppets perform a Christmas story through out the episode. The Muppets also worked several times on The Ed Sullivan Show, which is originally called Toast of The Town. In honor of The Muppets, Ed Sullivan once made an appearance as the narrator for an early Muppet Christmas special called The Great Santa Claus Switch. Here it is, Ed Sullivan, the Muppets, Christmas, and The Muppet Show."

COLD OPENING

SCOOTER: "Ed Sullivan! Ed Sullivan! 34 seconds to curtain, Mr. Sullivan."

ED: "Thank you, Scooter, I'll be there as soon as I finish my Santa Claus costume."

SCOOTER: "Why did you say that?"

ED: "Today is Christmas Eve."

SCOOTER: "Oh, right, I misread my calender."

(Three Elves appear and sing the beginning verse of "Sleigh Ride".)

ED: "There's Zippety, Hoppity,... & Fred. I saw those guys behind the scene of the Great Santa Claus Switch. In fact, there's a switch right there."

(Ed uses the switch which makes the elves fall in the pit. And when Ed uses the switch again, the Elves pop up as Santa Clauses.)

I'm taking a break for that. So I'll post another post next time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is good, although I would like to mention that The Muppet Show was not cancled. Jim Henson chose for it to end when it did.

D

Dil

Here's another part of the script:

Statler & Waldorf's comment is replaced by Elves working on their toys, which in that time, one of them would accidently hits his hammer on his finger.

GONZO AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOW:
Gonzo's horn blows out snowflakes.

CURTAIN

KERMIT: "Thank you, Ho-ho-ho and welcome to The Muppet Show. Hey, Merry Christmas, everyone, and our guest star is Mr. Ed Sullivan, known as the host of his own TV show. Tonight, we are going to have a Christmas story, starring Ed Sullivan as Santa Claus. And so, without further ado, let the story begins."

(As the curtain rises, piano Jingle Bells intro plays, and we see the outside of Santa's workshop.)

CHRISTMAS STORY (part 1)

KERMIT: "Once upon a time, there was a legendary hero of Christmas known as Santa Claus. He works here with his elves."

(We now see the inside of Santa's workshop, the workshop with a elves working on some toys, and a stage.)

KERMIT: "Every Monday, Santa Claus brings an act to cheer up those elves who had been working all day long."

(Ed Sullivan as Santa appears onstage, which the elves would applause, as so does the audience.)

ED: "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a tap dance number this Monday. Here is our tap dancing Broadway elf, Telly, jingling all the way. Will we have a big hand for Telly?"

MUSICAL NUMBER: Jingle Bells sung by Telly & the elves

(The puppet for Telly the Elf is a full-body costume. The eyes & mouths are remote-controled.)

BALCONY

STATLER: "On the Thirteenth day of Christmas, my true hate sent to me..."

WALDORF: (sings) "Thirteen Loving Devils, Twelve Pipers Piping, Eleven Ladies Dancing, Ten Lords-A-Leaping, Nine Drummers Drumming, Eight Maids-A-Milking, Seven Swans-A-Swimming, Six Geese-A-Laying..."

STATLER: (speaks) "Five Golden Rings?"

BOTH: (sings) "Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Dove, and a balcony filled with two grumps."

(Both laugh.)

I'll make more scripts later.