There were four seasons.

Season 1 (5 episodes)
Season 2 (24 episodes)
Season 3 (22 episodes)
Season 4 (14 episodes)
Total 65 episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's great that this set has extras. I don't think Dinosaurs is as popular as shows like Duck Tales or Chip & Dales Rescue Rangers, which recently had their first seasosn released withotu features, so having Dinosaurs on DVDs with features is a pleaseant surprise.

It is great that so many Henson shows are being available on DVD with great features. The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock (both the first season and single-disc sets), Emmit Otter... it's too bad that the complete series sets for The Storyteller and Greek Myths didn't have any features. Hopefully, Muppet Babies will come soon and have features.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Wow, this is exciting. When I was probally 9 or 10 I watched all the new episodes come on. I have good memories from watching this show... It's actually one of the JHC productions I got to watch growing up. I'm sure if I buy the Dvd's that it'll bring me back. Don't you love the memories?

Ernie101.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
There were four seasons.

Season 1 (5 episodes)
Season 2 (24 episodes)
Season 3 (22 episodes)
Season 4 (14 episodes)
Total 65 episodes
By the way, only 58 epsiodes were shown during the original run. The remaining 7 episodes were not shown untill reruns were shown in syndication. I think the production order was different from the broadcast order (and not just because of the episodes that were not broadcast on ABC), but I could be wrong.

I wonder if the episodes will be presented in broadcast or production order. I'm sure that, if the last season gets released, the "unaired" episodes will be included, but I wonder if they will be listed as a bonus feature.

I also wonder if the episodes will be uncut or if they will be syndicated copies. The show didn't start to have a cold openign untill the third season, but in syndication all episodes have cold openings (in syndication they just showed the beginnig of the epsiodes and had the openings appear a few minutes/ seconds later, sometimes cutting a few seconds because of this.... I think that the episode Hurling Day, for example, had a few seconds cut (in syndication) between Earl saying "I love being a dinosaur" and Fran telling the kids that Grandma was looking forward about hurling day). Also, I think the credits scene in the episodes (outside of the opening) were moved because of the change in where the opening was shown, and all episodes in syndication have the same opening, the one introduced in the third season.

Another scene that us cut in syndication is a scene from the first epsiode where Earl tells Fran that he doens't give a **** about her day, possiblu for time and content, though surprisingly this scene was included in the video release (keep in mind that Disney has edited a lot of its video releases of it' cartoons for content, even in the early 1990s). Of course, I am surprised that that scene even made it passes the censors (I would have thought that this show was meant to be family friendly).

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Ever since the 1990s I've been kicking myself for not taping the shows when they were syndicated (in my hometown they aired on UPN) and looking through discount bins and flea markets to find the VHS copies. Now I can finally get my hands on these shows! And the bonus features sound great as well; I can't really complain. The first set alone has original art, a documentary, and "Dino Eggs"?! It's great!

On the down side, I have to wait all college semester until I can get the set, but at least I'll have something to watch during summer vacation: The Muppet Show Season Two (hopefully!) and Dinosaurs!

By the way, those of you wondering what the episodes are about, here's a handy list from the old Henson.com website:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010116...sion/series/tv_series_dinosaurs_episodes.html

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Can't wait for that! YEAAAAAAAA!! Knock the Mama! (thats what I always thought he said but its) Not the Mama! Weird huh?
really it's Not the momma, I know. (ow my pour lil pointy head.)

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I just realized

What about The Muppet Show season 2?? dose any one know when it will
be out????