Dinosaurs: Writer's Block

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
He's not seriously going to hand that in like that? *Said the guy who was pretty much fine with first drafts, revisioning just a little, then getting mom to proofread and help hammer it out into a better polished state. Erherm, yeah, never mind me. Please post more when you can.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Oh, there will be more. The school is filled with characters, and there's always the trip to school anyway. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That makesh me happy. There's gotta be at least a Spike intervention cause it's not a RedPiggy story without him. :smirk: Looking forward to whatever you come up with.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
That was funny! Most likely to slip through a sewer grate! Ha ha!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Robbie kept his papers in his red and beige varsity jacket pockets as he ran full throttle toward Bob La Brea High School. Maybe, he’d get a date after that, uh, marriage ending. Chicks dig endings with weddings, right? No sense having a romance if there isn’t some expensive, romantic payoff … right?

Just before Robbie could dash through the open gym doors, they slammed shut on his face, sending him crashing into the sidewalk. The doors slowly opened back up, revealing many of the Scavenger pack: Spike (who had taken over after defeating Andre), Crazy Lou (a very geeky but vicious pack member, complete with round sunglasses and a backwards baseball cap), Lingo (a skinny purple guy with a knack for slang), and Scabby (a half-crazed green greens-muncher who had a bit much before class today).

Spike smirked, his arms crossed. “Welcome ta Scavengah High, Scootah,” he announced. “We take education to its natural conclusion.”

Robbie grunted as he stood up, warily stepping back and dusting himself off, unaware of the small trickle of blood coming from his snout. “Hmph. And what conclusion would that be?”

Crazy Lou raised a finger before anyone could speak. “Graduation ceremonies imply a certain finality, as though life is ceasing to be worth living. Thus, we Scavengers have ordained ourselves the ambassadors of the working concept that if you succeed in what proves to be a mere parody of higher education, you should accept that you will never be truly prepared for real life and thus need to be removed from the general population in a manner most unbecoming to civilized dinosaurs.”

Robbie glanced at Spike for confirmation. “Is he saying you guys plan on killing graduates?” he asked, his voice tense with anxiety.

Spike scoffed. “Tut, tut, Sinclair … don’t worry your pretty lil’ em’rald head about it. You ain’t got a chance o’ graduatin’ anyway, so why get so upset?”

Robbie marched up to Spike and glared up at his scary friend, with barely an inch between them. The other Scavengers backed away … slowly.

“T’ink S’s been hittin’ da sauce?” Lingo whispered to Scabby nervously.

Scabby shrugged. “Let’s hope Brother Spike can hold his liquor better’n Andre did,” he whispered back.

Spike, meanwhile, was rather taken aback, but managed to smile. “You got somethin’ ta say, squirt?”

You can’t go killing the graduating class!

Spike sighed and shook his head. “You should know us bettah, Scootah. Scavengers ain’t never killed no one.”

But Lou said --!”

“Hey!” Lou screeched as he tore the papers out of Robbie’s pocket and skimmed it. “I’m in this?” He punched Robbie in the side, forcing the latter to curl into a ball while Spike stepped back and sighed, looking away. “What’s the purpose of this grossly inattentive fiction even Lingo would find pathetically pointless and derisively derivative?” He read it some more, this time more intimately. His voice settled down to curiosity. “I’m a sun deity?” A strange, almost lovestruck look appeared on his turtle-like face. “Do you really think so?”

Robbie sighed deeply. “It was my sister’s idea,” he noted sadly in an emasculating fashion.

Crazy Lou sat down slowly, reading. “Your sister thought it appropriate to utilize my name in a story where I … have romantic fantasies regarding the female persuasion?”

Scabby chuckled and elbowed Lingo. “Doesn’t know him very well, huh?”

Crazy Lou pointed excitedly at the paper and glanced up hopefully at Robbie. “May I indulge?”

“Is there a page limit on da author’s post?” Scabby laughed.

“Huh?” the others asked.

“Gimme dat,” Spike interrupted, ripping the pages from Crazy Lou’s hands. “Go get da stuff.”

“Yes, Brother Spike,” the other Scavengers replied as they scattered.

Robbie stared at the pages in his friend’s hands. “I need those, Spike. I gotta pass my Lit class,” he noted quietly.

Spike glanced at the pages and handed them back to his friend. “You been gettin’ help for dis stuff?”

“Yeah,” Robbie replied. “You got any ideas?”

Spike shook his head and turned. Stopping, he opened his mouth to speak, but shook his head again. Glancing back at Robbie, he noted sadly, “I only got one surefire story for ya, Scootah … but I ain’t lettin’ go o’ dat one ‘less I’m dyin’.” With that, he sauntered away.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting.

Wait... Scabby's a herbivore? How'd they let him into the Scavengers?
:concern: Look out, those berries are wild!
:sing: They're real killers, they'll leave you black 'n' blue-berry. *Raspy laugh.
:big_grin:, takes off hat, he'll be berried under their crushing weight.
:embarrassed: Come on guys... Leaf him alone.
*All laugh as they depart.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, LOL, I'm sure Scabby's a meat-eater, but the unisaur is the same as the friend of Robbie's that introduced him to salads. Edit: And the voice is similar, IIRC. Maybe he's experimenting, I dunno. :stick_out_tongue:

Oh, and 10 bonus points if you know what Spike would tell Robbie in terms of a romantic story. Hint: If you know me it'll be easier to figure out, LOL. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What, do like :dreamy: and give your heart away so you can takeover the Labyrinth as its eventual heir? Oh wait, that'd probably get Mizumi all steamed up. Hee, I'm on a roll tonight.:stick_out_tongue:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, no, not Mizumi's story, which he wouldn't know about ... yet. I've left a couple of homages to the Comeback King Saga, including Charlene and Crazy Lou. At any rate, my reference only deals with Spike's background. He can't tell Robbie his romantic story because there's only one point where he feels truly desperate enough to share it....