Dinosaurs

Mario

Reaction score
Why isn't there a section to talk about Dinosaurs? (The show not the extinct thing, well the show is extinct, but...) :confused:

Mario

Reaction score
Thanks, bobhope (thats wierd to say, :smile: ). I found it like right after I posted this thread with help from boobergorg.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
Actually it's "Muppet Worlds" where all the Dinosarus conversations are.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

"Fantasy Worlds" is more for the Creature Shop fantasy and "realistic" puppet productions (These include Dark Crystal, Labrynth, Witches, Buddy, The Storyteller, Jack & The Beanstalk: The Real Story, MirrorMask, Five Children and it, The Witch's Children, and more). This is for the Sci-Fi & Fantasy library of the Jim Henson Company (except for Farscape which has it's own board)

While "Muppet Worlds" is for the other more "cartoony" puppet and Muppet-like productions (other than the Muppets, Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, and Fraggle Rock which have their own sections) (These include Dinosaurs, Dog City, Mother Goose Stories, Secret Life of Toys, The Christmas Toy, Animal Show, The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, Mopatop's Shop, Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas, The Hoobs, and more). This is for the Henson Family Showcase productions (plus Dinosaurs; which is not part of the Showcase, and not for Fraggle Rock which has it's own board)

Mario

Reaction score
Ok, and do you guys include the Ninja Turtles movies as Henson? Because I think I read that Henson made the turtles.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Mario said:
Ok, and do you guys include the Ninja Turtles movies as Henson? Because I think I read that Henson made the turtles.
The Ninja Turtle Movies were the work of the Jim Henson Creature Shop, so I think they are fair game for Henson discussion. I would assume any talk of them would have to go in the "Fantasy Worlds" section (as that's where most Creature Shop discussion is), but not 100% sure, you may want to check with Phillip Chapman (or any other moderator) for the "official" call.

Maybe we need a "Jim Henson Creature Shop" Board aswell to sperate the "Fantasy Worlds" (Dark Crystal, Labrynth, The Storyteller, Jack & The Beanstalk: The Real Story, MirrorMask) and the other Creature Shop productions (Buddy, Good Boy, Puss in Boots, Doctor Dolittle, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 5 Children and It, The Flintstones, Babe, and all the rest..) (Phillip, if you read this let us know what you think)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As has been mentioned, yes Dinosaurs is a part of the Muppet Worlds category.

We have thought about doing a Creature Shop category, but the overlap between that and Fantasy Worlds seems pretty big. They both include the same stuff. There really isn't a lot of fantasty/creature shop discussions, at least not enough right now to warrant it's own folder.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
We have thought about doing a Creature Shop category, but the overlap between that and Fantasy Worlds seems pretty big. They both include the same stuff. There really isn't a lot of fantasty/creature shop discussions, at least not enough right now to warrant it's own folder.
I guess you're right, there is not that much Creature Shop talk to call for it's own folder.