Dinosaurs

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Doe's any body remember dinosaurs, and are they part of the muppet family because Disney published almost all the videos. And at the bottom of the action figures it also had disney. So are they muppets or was disney just using the henson company to do there dirty work. And also are dinosurs still on Television. It would be cool if they were. SEE YA.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I love(d) this show.I have a video of it and may be getting some more soon,at a local bookstore they have a ALOT of dinosaur vids for a buck.anyway to answer your question Disney distributed it and stuff or buena vista did but Jim Henson Productions produced it and stuff.in fact when it was on you could meet the Dinosaurs at Disney Mgm studios in Orlando Flordia.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kansasteen wow dinosaurs in real life that sound like fun. BAM not the mama!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hey Baby (lol, sounds a bit stupid, but okay..),

Remember the Dinosaurs? I'm scrounging for episodes! I have about 25 (of the 65 total). Once I get a little extra cash I am going to buy the commercial releases. Awesome and amazing show...I was just watching an episode before I got on.

As for the "are they Muppets?" question, I guess its all how you define a Muppet. They are Muppets in the sense that they were made and some characters were performed by Muppeteers. Although Disney did produce the show, they also harbor MV3D, and thats obviously Muppets (yes, different I know, but kind of the same if you think about it). I think it would be safe to say they are, so I'm going to do that. They are Muppets. :big_grin:

I loved Ethel...oh, that's one rockin' grandma... :big_grin: :big_grin:

-Matt

baby sinclair

Reaction score
lets email abc family and see if they can it back on. Gotta love me.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ya know, that's not a bad idea. If anyone will replay it, they would be it. I don't know if they will though, being they seem to be geared towards modern teens, and Dinosaurs is a bit too clever for them. Heh.

-Matt

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Well they could show it they show step by step, so maybe thers some room for dinosaurs lets try cantus who knows if you dont try listen to your song. And plus teens at my junior high love it

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by baby sinclair
So are they muppets or was disney just using the henson company to do there dirty work.
Well, when Dinosaurs was produced, Disney owned Henson. All the Muppet (and Fraggle Rock) videos of the time were released by BeunaVista - a division of Disney. So, everything produced by Disney was definitely Muppets (same story as MCC and MTI).

Mark

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Disney owned all of Henson at the time, or just whatever unit did the commercial release videos? Maybe the might Phillip might want to come in and invoke knowledge a bit. :smile:

(PS - Mark, got the vids, I'm going to email you tonight.)

-Matt