Dinosaurs

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Disney owned all of Henson at the time, or just whatever unit did the commercial release videos?
They owned all of Henson (to the same extent EMTV owns them now, I suppose).

Mark

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Is any one cave man enough to email ABC family and tell them to bring back our scaley freinds.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by MahnaMahna
They owned all of Henson (to the same extent EMTV owns them now, I suppose).
Disney never actually owned Henson. A deal was supposed to go ahead but it was never signed. After Jim's death Disney was using the Muppet characters as if they owned them and this became the subject of a huge lawsuit between Henson and Disney which was eventually settled out of court.

I believe Disney and Henson co-own the Dinosaurs characters/shows though.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Buck-Beaver
Disney never actually owned Henson. A deal was supposed to go ahead but it was never signed. After Jim's death Disney was using the Muppet characters as if they owned them and this became the subject of a huge lawsuit between Henson and Disney which was eventually settled out of court.

I believe Disney and Henson co-own the Dinosaurs characters/shows though.
That's what I thought was the case also (at least that's what I've come to believe from reading company bios and such). Mark seemed to be pretty confident in his answer though, so I thought it best not to challenge him...The iron fists might start coming down, and landing upon my head. (hehe) :smile:

-Matt

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Dinosaurs is listed as one of the Henson productions on Henson.com

All Dinosaurs merchandise is marked (c) Disney

So yeah, make the connection from there :smile:

"Kids say no to drugs, help put an end to preachy sitcom endings like this one. It's up to YOU to make a difference" --Robbie Sinclair

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
<<"Kids say no to drugs, help put an end to preachy sitcom endings like this one. It's up to YOU to make a difference" --Robbie Sinclair>>

Dearest lord I hope I have that episode in the batch I just got. I remember seeing that when I was younger, before drugs were even things I knew anything about. I hope I can see it again. Good message there. I also want to see the episode where Spike takes Robbie to the biker-ish bar in the swamp...is that the same episode? :smile:

-Matt

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
GUY! (I like beginning things with a general "GUY!")

I haven't seen "Dinosaurs" in soooooo long, and I don't remember much of it but I remember when it first aired. I was somewhere between 8 to 10 at the time (God, I don't remember... maybe younger) and my friend was over and we settled in to watch this brand spankin' new show. So it comes on, and y'know how the beginning of the theme song is all dark and scary? My mom was like "Ohhhh, I don't know if you kids should be watching this!" then right after she said that the theme song got all light and fun. And we never let her live it down.

^_^ Debo

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw my tape of Little Boy Boo/ Refridgerator Day (for Halloween!) and maaaaaaan.. I fell right on my butt LAUGHIN'!!! Here are some of my favorite lines

There!! Let's get the thing we do not understand, and therefore fear!

If we bought stuff from you, that would make us the customer and you the store. Do you want to be a store? Lot of responsability!

I'm lower than dirt! I wish I was dirt! I look up to dirt! Dirt laughs at me!

"To miss Charlene's play, I'd throw myself down the stairs, sustane painful head injuries, and eat through a tube the rest of my life!" "That's very sweet dear!"

"Wait a minnit! Refridgerator Day without presents is like two things, but one of them is missing, and it doesn't have the other thing to go with it!" "Who says you're not deep?"

Joggy

Reaction score
The drugs episode was indeed a GREAT one! (A New Leaf).

And who can forget... "SMOO!" :big_grin: "We're saying Smoo, that is what we do, we're saying Smoo, and it's just for you..." I'll always remember exactly where I was when that guy said "Smoo" on TV! :big_grin: