Dionne Warwick, One Night Only

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just came back from 'Dionne Warwick, One Night Only' in Hackney, London.
It was the most fantastic show, And I love her so much more now.
She sung so many great hits, Her son David Elliot also sang a few of his own tracks, And a few duets with her.

She talked about her new Album 'Me and My Friends' which is going to be a double CD set full of Duets!
They will include Patti Labelle, Gladys Knight, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, George Benson, Dionne's Son David Elliot and many more.

Dionne really was terrific, She was vibrant and danced around and very fun. Her voice was terrific too, I think its like good wine, It gets better with age.

Well, After the show I wanted to be a 'Stage Door Johnny' (if thats what they call 'em.) So i went around the back to the Stage Door and waited, And waited and waited some more... So then i went and got the car and drove it around to the Stage door and waited some more...

Dionne came out the door once and signed an LP for someone, My Mum went to take a photo but Dionne asked "Please no Photographs", Which is a shame because i really wanted a photo with her. Then she went back in because her car hadnt turned up.

It was so surreal to have Dionne Warwick standing right there next to me, Her big fur coat actually touching me!

Finally the cars came (from a local taxi service!?) and there was a big misunderstanding. It went kinda like this...

*Puts on Bengali voice*
*Sticks Head Out of Taxi*
"Dionne Warwick? Who's that?"

Its unfortunate for him, But it was funny. This man had the honor of driving Dionne Warwick all the way to her Hotel and he didnt even know who she was!

She was very small, I expected to be looking up at her, But she came to about my chin (I am around 6'4), She also seemed frail to with her big Fur coat on and a cap on her head, But she is 63. I dont think all the enterage helps... They were surrounding her and making so much of a fuss.
They circled her as she walked to the car, Some infront of her walking backwards and all... At one point i was inside the circle next to her... Stupid guards!

Here are the tracks she sang -

Three songs by her Son (Which i didnt catch the names of)
Close To You
Dont Make Me Over
Walk On By
Anyone Who Had A Heart
You'll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
A House Is Not A Home
I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Message To Michael
The Girl's In Love With You
I Say A Little Prayer (With David Elliot)
Love Song (With David Elliot)
Alfie
Heartbreaker
My Brazil (Medley)
Do You Know The Way To San Jose
I'll Never Love This Way Again
What The World Needs Now (Is Love Sweet Love)
Thats What Friends Are For (With David Elliot)

I did smuggle a MiniDisc player in and recorded it, Not in my Fruit filled hat tho.
sorry if some of that was long winded :big_grin:

So, Thats how it went. And I loved every minute of it.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool! It sounds like a great concert. Glad you had such a nice time. And it's cool that you could record it too! I don't have the chutzpah for that!! I did get ahold of somebody else's recording of Simon and Garfunkel's first concert in their tour this year, though. That was cool, and almost the same as the one that I went to. :smile:
Erin