Disability Corner

Beebers

Reaction score
You are all incredibly brave. Your stories bring tears to my eyes. It's hard to do sometimes but stay brave, stay strong. You all have VALUE, and you're all here for a reason. Never forget that.

:cool: :sympathy: :cool:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Beebers said:
You are all incredibly brave. Your stories bring tears to my eyes. It's hard to do sometimes but stay brave, stay strong. You all have VALUE, and you're all here for a reason. Never forget that.

:cool: :sympathy: :cool:
They are all very brave. I felt bad posting about my problem when its not as bad as some of the ones here.

Beebers

Reaction score
No, don't say that. Posting these things is healthy and helpful and brings support and comfort to those who need it. Your stuff is just as legitimate as any.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Aaaawww... but then you've never see the bizarre way I behave when ears ring too much. Like this week, I can't even sleep with my head on a pillow because covering my ear up makes it ring worse. I now have a funky sleeping position using my hands as a pillow so my ear isn't covered up. I am sure I drive everyone around me insane, but no one is driven insaner than me. LOL.
:cool: :big_grin: :cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
no one is driven insaner than me. LOL.
I don't know how the devil you live with that ear thing. When I got run over my interior right ear was totally destroyed, I only have 20% hearing now in what was a perfectly good ear, but too I had the thing you have in it for about 3 years. It was driving me close to Felonious Behavior, and mine wasn't nearly as bad as yours. Inexplicably, it's been gone for a year, no treatment, no surgeries, nuthin'. Good thing because I'd be incarcerated by now otherwise. Don't know how you stand it. *huggyhugs*

:sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I don't know how the devil you live with that ear thing. When I got run over my interior right ear was totally destroyed, I only have 20% hearing now in what was a perfectly good ear, but too I had the thing you have in it for about 3 years. It was driving me close to Felonious Behavior, and mine wasn't nearly as bad as yours. Inexplicably, it's been gone for a year, no treatment, no surgeries, nuthin'. Good thing because I'd be incarcerated by now otherwise. Don't know how you stand it. *huggyhugs*

:sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:
God knows I don't know how I live with it either. I know what you mean by being close to Felonious Behavior. Some days it drives me close to suicide. Right now I am at the point where I would HAPPILY go to the hospital and stay for any length of time to get treatment, and I am terrified of doctors and hospitals. You are so lucky it went away for you. Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot to me, 'cause most people don't understand what it's like.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That ear thing must be totally terrible. I've heard about that problem before and it interests me. If you stop thinking about it does it make it a bit better? Thats a very inventive way to sleep, when you wake up does your arm feel like its not connected to your body and when you get up all the blood rushes into your arm?

Whatever

Reaction score
Not thinking about it helps, but that is very hard to do. I play music almost continually when I'm alone, so that I have something else to focus on. I have my entire CD collection learned by heart as a result. Luckily the way I have been sleeping does not "put my arm to sleep" as we call the sensations you described.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
The disability has made it **** throughout school as being a little different isnt accepted here, school made the problem even worse making me even less confident. lucky its all over.

There you have it! :smile:
Muppets DownUnder...I couldn't agree with you more about school being tough when you're disabled.
My disability (hydrocephalus...I explained it a few posts up) made my head look big.Kids started noticing in in early junior high school . I'd be asked "Kathy...why is your head deformed?" It hurt so much to hear someone ask that. The mental abuse was horrible.I was called "Elephant Woman" & other nasty things. I figured explaining my condition would help these kids understand. No such luck. "Water Brain" was added to the list of torments. :frown:
In short, kids were cruel. In high school,though,one of the boys that was mone of my main tormentors apologized for making life horrible for me 3 years before & said that I really was a nice person. So these kids DO grow up after all.
Kathy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know what's weird? Even though I may be partially blind in the real world and not able to make out a lot of the stuff around me in my home and my life... I have perfect sight, am able to read, and see everything around me clearly in my dreams.
Huh, imagine that... Blind in the real world, but perfectly sighted in the dream world. Oh well, have a good weekend.