Disco Frog

Drtooth

Reaction score
Off the record, I'd like to say I HATE DISCO!!

Besdies the point, I have a little question...

Was this song performed on Sesame Street as WELL as the Muppet show? I knew it was on the Sesame Disco record, and I think I saw it on a review of a Shalom Sesame video (called Disco Tzefarde'im or something like that).

And what were the differences between the Sesame and Muppet Show versions?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i don't know but i've seen i picture of kermit in his disco suit. i started to cry (in a SAD way)

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I have the song Disco Frog on C.D. It's bad sound and doesn't have the whole song, but I still love the song! I agree with you Dr. Tooth I hate disco, but for some reason I like this song.

Sir Didymus

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! Except for Me Lost me Cookie at the Disco, Weird Al Yankovic's Gotta Boogie, and Macho Duck, I dispise disco! Never heard this one though!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Hey Doctor...

I know this was performed on The Muppet Show starring Christopher Reeve...Kermit was the opening act.

"Disco Frog" was a the featured song on the album "Sesame Disco". and the album cover boasts Kermit the Frog as a guest star. However, I'm not so certain it was ever broadcast on Sesame Street. My fuzzy childhood memories of Sesame Street doesn't include that song in its files.

I remember the disco room (with the disco ball from the ceiling and the multicolored tiles that lined the top wall right above the pillars) that was a hangout for a lot of the Sesame Muppets...I remember Grover dancing to the disco version the ABC song, I remember Cookie singing "Me Lost Me Cookie" and another where he's dressed ala Issac Hayes for "Cookie Disco" but I don't really remember Disco Frog...though I'm not an authority in the least bit. Just a fan.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
the setting might have just been different for sesame and the muppet show. bein green was on both shows but it was the same osng but with a different video.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
In the Sesame version, Kermit was sitting on a lilypad singing while girl frogs were dancing around him. Then along came a hologram of Kermit through the swamp and he danced on the lilly pad. I don't remeber the Muppet show version but hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! And thanks everybody else, even if you didn't remember!

BTW, I have been to Sesame Seventies a bunch of times! Great site! Hope they have the Me Lost me Cookie at the Disco page up soon!

ANd does anyone remember the Muppet Show version? What were Statler and Waldorf's comments?

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Good Doctor,

On the muppet show version the first of the song is sung by various alligators and frogs in a swamp like atmosphere. Kermit comes in dancing just before the chorus I think wearing a white suit and shirt (much like the outfit John Travolta wore in Saturday Night Fever) and singing on the chorus.

I can't recall the process but the puppetry done on kermit and a few other puppets is similar to the black background process though not exactly. Anyway, Kermit is a full figured puppet and there are time when you can see both puppeteers silhouettes in the background manipulating his hands and feet.

I wish I could tell you more but the memory is growing dimmer by the second.

ps - mikeb I'm impressed by your memory! Wow!