Disco Frog

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97
In the Sesame version, Kermit was sitting on a lilypad singing while girl frogs were dancing around him. Then along came a hologram of Kermit through the swamp and he danced on the lilly pad. I don't remeber the Muppet show version but hope this helps.
That scene was a fave of mine when I was a kid!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ol' Buddy Bert
Good Doctor,

On the muppet sho

ps - mikeb I'm impressed by your memory! Wow!
Thanks Ol' Buddy Bert! It's pretty photographic!

Salmoto

Reaction score
According to sesameseventies.com, Disco Frog was performed on the Christopher Reeve episode of The Muppet Show. I know they also did a version of "Me Left Me Cookie At The Disco" for Sesame Street. But c'mon you guys are always knockin' the leisure suit. Now, I know fashion trends come and go, but throw on an all white suit with some gold chains and platformers, and people know that you're ah-ah-ah-ah stayin' alive.

Beauregard

Reaction score
What was Dico Frog????? And was Christopher Reeve really on the Muppet show? What did he do. Did he meet Super Pig?

Salmoto

Reaction score
I haven't seen the episode but I hear Chris was on the short list of guest stars Piggy had a crush on. No pention of Superman, as he'd become that character only a coule of years after.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
No, the episode was made in 1979...he had already filmed Superman. Piggy even tore apart Chris' dressing room looking for his Superman outfit...

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
What was Dico Frog????? And was Christopher Reeve really on the Muppet show? What did he do. Did he meet Super Pig?
Disco Frog was the number that Kermit opened with on the Muppet Show that Christopher "Perfect Body" Reeve starred in. After the opening number Piggy came in very excited because she was going to sing "Never Before, Never Again" from TMM. She cuddles Kermit because it's a special number for them and asks when she's going to sing it.

Kermit: After the guest star spot.

Piggy: Oh...(still nuzzling Kermit) who's the guest star?

Kermit: Ah, Christopher Reeve.

Piggy: *pause* Christopher Reeve! *drops Kermit to the floor* Christopher "Perfect Body" Reeve!

She makes a quick exit and saying something like Chrissy! I'm coming and Kermit picks himself up off the floor and says "She never called me perfect body."

Which set up the plot for the show. Piggy was infatuated with Chris Reeve while Kermit was a little jealous of all the attention she was giving him.

Although Super Pig is not involved "super rat" is as well as a telephone booth which Chris utilizes to make some timely wardrobe changes. He helps out with a scene from Hamlet, takes Dr. Bob's place on Veterinarian's hospital and then replaces Rowlf at the piano after Piggy "accidentally" drops the piano cover on rowlf's hands.

So instead of "Never Before, Never Again" Piggy asks Chris to accompany her on "East of the Sun and West of the Moon". Actually, Chris really plays the piano in the scene as he's a very good player. Anyway, Piggy begs Chris to take her flying and in the middle of the song he agrees but can't lift her becuase "perhaps she's put on a few pounds."

Piggy: "Just shut up and play Reeve!"

It's one of my all time favourite episodes with a lot of charm from Mr. Reeve and great performances from Jim and Frank as Kermit and Piggy.

Well...perhaps that's a little overboard in terms of a description but...there you go!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Does anyone have both version on video to watch? I remember both but can't ever find them. I would love to have both on a video mpg. If anyone can please put them on the SS yourtube.com.