Disgraceful E-Bay Auction

radionate

Reaction score
Did you report him to ebay? You can do that you know. I think it goes on his seller's record or something that is a public file.

kane31666

Reaction score
I will do that, and I think anyone else who sees it should as well.

radionate

Reaction score
My biggest gripe with Ebay are all the sellers who list things as "rare" "hard to find" "old" etc etc etc, when they don't even know what they are talking about. It's the nature of the collectibles game though. Walk into any antique store in the world, and you will find stuff marked as rare or old that might have been in every Wal-Mart in the world only last year.

The plus side is that sometimes they don't know what they have, and you can find a "rare" or "scarce" item for next to nothing.

I guess its the old adage "Let the Buyer Beware" combined with "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute". If you are shelling out big bucks for stuff that you don't know anything about, then maybe its your own fault for getting suckered. I just think it stinks though when its something as blantely obvious as this.

kane31666

Reaction score
Under the heading of Inappropriate Title- Seller posts misleading or inappropriate listing title I wrote:

The auction I'm informing you of it for a Muppet action figure of Bunsen Honeydew. The seller claims to have opened a case of figures and found a yellow figure and a green figure. He believes that the green figure is an error figure and is selling it as such. I am an avid collector of these figures, and no for a fact that no yellow figure of Bunsen was ever produced. The green figure that the seller is billing as an error is in fact that regular figure, and the only version of that figure in existence. Action should be taken against this seller because he is providing false information and is blantantly lying when stating that he found a yellow version of the Bunsen Honeydew figure.

Anyone else who sees this, please complain about this seller.

MM-III

Reaction score
Good catch... I also emailed him and told him to change his description or I'd report him to ebay. Of course, it's already been done but I figured we'd attack the problem from two fronts.

Description fraud is somewhat rampant with the muppet figures unfortunately... The biggest example is when they try to tell you how rare an item is. I've seen auctions say that only 150 kermit lunch boxes were produced (it was actually well over 300)... I've seen auctions claim that the dr. teeth repaint is worth 250 dollars!!

buyer beware.

MM-III

Reaction score
by the way... ebay reccommends filing a fraud report through

www.fraud.org

Might be a little extreme but it is pretty low down.

Also, when I tried to report this item to ebay... it said that it had already recieved a report and that it was under investigation... and that additional reports only slow down the investigation. So I think we can all relax and let the process work itself out.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You should also e-mail the dude direct and tell him he is a big stinky pile of...um, well, something...

Has anyone else noticed that Bunsen looks almost yellow depending on what light source you have him in? Maybe the PMS color was totally dead on in this case. The puppet has a slight green tinge, yet looks yellowy on film and TV...something worth investigating perhaps.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Exactly, Ken! Something about the green of Bunsen is very changeable-- it picks up on the lighting. But Bunsen is pale green and the figure is definitely the proper color.

I'd be interested to see if this eBay seller can produce the so-called yellow Bunsen s/he claims was in the case.

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - if they wanted to produce a yellow one they'd just need to play around a bit with the light and likely they'd get it. The green in that pic does look like some kind of fluerescent glowing green.

Now theres a thought - a flurescent painted muppet figure variant, you can have the idea for free Ken seeing as i can't even spell it properly !

Maybe the scientist guy - Van Neuter or whatever could have toxic glowing goo or something, my god, the creative juices are flowing tonight !